· is sizeable
· is more expensive, and
· may not be able to be moved so easily as other exercise equipment
The Four Main Questions
` 1) How much money will it cost?
Set a budget. Be realistic. Check out the market price by looking at recently ended items in the advanced search option on eBay.
2) Where will the exercise bike live?
It is important to ensure that there is enough space for the exercise bike, wherever it is going to be put. Different bikes come in different sizes. If the item description does not mention the exact dimensions of the bike, ask the seller a question to work out if the exercise bike will fit in to the designated room.
3) Does it offer the sort of workout needed?
Consider whether gentle exercise, a tough workout or somewhere in between is right for all of its users.
4) Which features are important for the exercise routine?
In order to buy the correct type of exercise bike, an understanding of the basics of how an exercise bike works is needed, as well as the different options available with each one. No matter what type of exercise bike is the right fit, a large selection should be able to be found quickly and easily on eBay.
Which Type of Exercise Bike is Right?
There is a wide range of exercise bikes on offer. They all have different features and so it is worth researching each type of exercise bike before proceeding to purchase as they can be relatively expensive. These are the main types of exercise bike:
· Recumbent exercises bike are fairly simple. They have a horizontal design. This makes them easy to mount and dismount. The real advantage though, is in the seat, which has a back not unlike a car seat. This makes these machines a great choice for anyone with an injury of some kind or a heart condition as they provide extra support. Remember to talk to a doctor before embarking on an exercise routine in the case of any medical conditions, to be sure that there will not be any unforeseen complications.
· Upright exercise bikes are probably the most popular. Its layout is very similar to that of an everyday road bike. The position this type of machine is sat on also makes it seem similar to cycling a road bike. This sort of exercise bike is usually slightly smaller than a recumbent and therefore will not take up as much space.
· Indoor training bikes are relatively similar to the upright exercise bike. They are the type of exercise bike that are used in gyms and spinning classes. The seats on this type of bike are usually much smaller, much like the saddle on an outdoor cycling bike. They are also thought to be ideal for tough workouts over a long period of time.
5 Other Factors to Take into Account
1) Other people
If the buyer is not the only person who will be using the bike, remember to consider other peoples’ personal requirements; something that is right for one person is not necessarily right for everyone else. If buying an exercise bike for more than one person’s use, be sure to consult the other riders involved before buying the bike.
Exercise bikes use various methods to increase the resistance in the pedals; this is designed to raise the amount of energy expended. This feature is a good way of controlling specific levels of strength and ability. In the case of beginners, start off on a lower setting and gradually increase the resistance as more experience is gained.
3) Electronic Programmes
Most modern exercise bikes have electronic features which record: weight, heart rate, speed and much more.
At the top end of things, exercise bikes come with a built-in screen for watching television or listening to music while the exercise is taking place.
5) Video Call
As with so many other items, there are some features of an exercise bike that can be quite hard to judge from the description or the pictures in the item listing. Internal parts may not be visible, for example. It’s a good idea to contact the seller to arrange a video call. That way the machine can be seen live in action.
How to Buy an Exercise Bike on eBay
Now that you know what you want out of an exercise bike, you can find it quickly and easily on eBay. While you shop, give thought to gloves and stopwatches. To start shopping, go to the sporting goods category, followed by fitness then exercise bikes.
The categories list on the left side of each page will help you narrow down your listings by item type.
Use the exercise bike Finder to quickly narrow down item listings by brand and condition (new or used).
Search eBay listing titles for specific words. For example, if you want to find an exercise bike, type the keywords “exercise bike” (without quotation marks) into the search box. Click, “Search title and description” to expand your results. Visit eBay’s Search Tips for more tips on searching with keywords.
If you can’t find exactly what you want, try browsing eBay Stores or tell the eBay Community what you’re looking for by creating a post on Want It Now. Alternatively, use the save a search option on My eBay and eBay will email you when a matching item becomes available.
Remember to also check out the Deals page to hunt for bargains in Health & Fitness.
Buy an Exercise Bike with Confidence
Make sure that you know exactly what you’re buying and understand how eBay and PayPal protect you.
Know Your Item
- Read the details in the item listing carefully.
- Remember to add delivery costs to your final price. If you’re buying a high value item, check that the seller will insure it until it is delivered to you.
- If you want more information, click the “Ask seller a question” button on the seller’s profile or the “Ask a question” link at the bottom of the item listing page.
Know Your Seller
Research your seller so that you feel safe and positive about every transaction.
· What is the seller’s feedback rating?
· How many transactions have they completed?
· How many positive responses do they have?
· What do buyers say in their feedback?
· Do they offer a money-back guarantee?
· What are the terms and conditions?
· Are buyers positive about the seller?
· Most top eBay sellers operate like retail shops and have a returns policy.
There is a wide range of exercise bikes available on eBay. It’s really a question of taking a look at what is available and matches the budget. Whatever type of exercise bike the fitness fan decides to buy, they should be able to find it quickly and easily on eBay.