HESITATING TO BID BECAUSE YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT TO EXPECT FROM EBAY SELLERS......
HAVING TROUBLE FINDING THE CUSTOMER SERVICE YOU WANT....
SELLER DESCRIPTIONS UNCLEAR AND YOU JUST DON'T KNOW IF THAT ITEM IS REALLY NEW.......
YOU'VE READ THE ARTICLES AND NEW MEMBER'S HAVE TOLD YOU A STORY OR TWO......
There are thousands of happy ebayers, and you can be one too.
Nobody walks blindly into a shop and buys something, the same goes for eBay.
EBay is more than one click away from a shopping spree and if you treat it as such.....your bound to get burnt.
TAKE THE CHANCE OUT OF EBAY AND KNOW WHAT TO EXPECT...
EBay can be the most convienent and easiest ways to shop, and with a few easy tips you can have the best shopping trip you've ever experienced all from the comfort of your own home.
EASY STEPS TO BETTER BAYING (BUYING):
- KNOW WHAT YOU WANT AND WHAT CONDITION YOU WANT IT IN. (Buying an item at a cheaper price because of lesser quality may cause disapointment on receiving). Remember people have different impressions of used, talk to you seller (see communication).
- KNOW THE STYLE OF CUSTOMER SERVICE YOU WOULD LIKE. (see keys to a good service)
- KNOW HOW MUCH YOU WANT TO SPEND. Always check the postage costs before bidding or buying so you know exactly how much the end price will be. It can be very disappointing winning an item for 99cents and then paying $49.95 in postage costs).
- COMMUNICATE WITH YOU SELLER BEFORE YOU BID OR BUY. Simple questions can give you insights of the possible customer service you will receive. (Remember always give your seller a minimum of 24hours to reply as we all work different hours)
THREE KEYS TO A GOOD PURCHASE
- READ THE DESCRIPTION CAREFULLY.
- READ THE FEEDBACK COMENTS AND FIND THE SELLERS AND ITEMS LOCATION.
- BRIDGE THE COMMUNICATION GAP.
READING THE DESCRIPTION:
The description is one of the key indicatiors of the customer service and item condition. A seller who devotes time into their descriptions will in turn devote as much time to their packaging and after sale service.
- What style of description has the seller prepared for the item? Is it a one line description? Is the condition clearly stated? Are the defects clearly stated?
- What words have been used?
- What words have been left out?
- Does new mean brand new?
Below is a list of different conditions seller's may use:
Brand New; Sealed; New; Like New; Perfect; Excellent; Near Mint In Box; Near Mint; Very Good; Good; Goo-Fair; Fair; Fair-Poor; Poor;
In New Condition; Onle Worn Once; Only Played a Couple of Times; Has Only Small Amount of Wear, Has Wear, Should Come Good With Cleaning; In Used Condition
The only condition amongst these that is absolutely new is Brand New and Sealed. Even New can still be that looks new, but has been used. Always ask your seller if you have any questions about the condition/quality of a product before you bid.
- Does the item have a photo?
- Is it a photo of the item you will receive or internet stock photo.
Many happy buyers prefer home photos, these are photos of the actual product you will receive. They are used by seller that only have one or two of that particual product. They are easily recognised by their wood, cloth or white wall backgrounds. Internet Stock photos are used by sellers that have a large amount of the same product, you can recognise them by ther professionalism, multiple angled shots in a single frame and some also contain a copy write symbol.
- What is the photo showing you? Are there different angles?
- Does the description accurately describe the item in the photo? If there is no photo ask the seller if they could email you a picture.
- Are the postage costs stated on the items desciption page? Don't be caught out, always check the postage cost before you bid/buy. If the seller doesn't respond it might be a better idea to wait until next time. (Always give the seller 24 hours to respond to questions)
2. FEEDBACK AND SELLER LOCATION
WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU SAW A SHOPPING CENTRE WITH ALL THE SHOPPERS COMMENTS DISPLAYED?
Feedback is the key to finding the customer service you want.
Rule of thumb: Always read the sellers feedback - even the positives.
By clicking on the sellers eBay user name on any description page you can access a members profile. By reading the feedback section you can find out previous customers experiences with that individual seller. You can quickly find if the seller has had any unhappy buyers. You can see how much customer service experience they have had.
What should I ask myself when looking at a members profile?
- What is the sellers feedback count? (the number and icon next to the sellers user name) Are they a new member? How experienced are they? How many people have left feedback?
- Is the feedback positive? If not why? What is the experience of the person leaving the feedback?
- What words are used in the feedback? What words are left out? (Has communication, postage, transaction and item condition been mentioned)
- Is it a seller or a buyer leaving the feedback? Is the person leaving the feedback reliable (are they experienced, do they have negative feedback)?
- Are there any previous customers that have bought the same style of item you have? Are they happy? By clicking on the blue item number in the feeback section you can view the item that the customer received.
ITEM AND SELLER LOCATION.
Although an item is listed in your country's currency doesn't always mean the seller or the item are in your country. Sellers location can be found under their eBay user name on the items description page. The items location can also be found on the description page but is in the blue section under the price.
Products shipped from other desinations can cause postal delays, arrived damaged or even worse, arrive completely wrong or not at all. When the seller and items are in different locations the seller doesn't see the product and can have it shipped from where ever it is. ( This is only a sugestion to aviod disappiontment to new buyers as there are a lot of happy buyers that have bought from sellers with items in different locations)
COMMUNICATION IS THE KEY TO HAPPINESS.....IT IS THE BRIDGE BETWEEN A GOOD EXPERIENCE AND A FANTASTIC ONE
Simple questions are a great insight into a sellers level of customer service. A sellers response can indicate their time availablity, attitude, and after sales service. A seller that responds with a greeting, and answer and a farewell, gives good indication that the experience will be as they say....service with a smile. PLEASE REMEMBER TO GIVE YOUR SELLER A MINIMUM OF 24 HOUR TO REPLY TO ALL MESSAGES.
THANKS FOR TAKING THE TIME OUT TO READ MY GUIDE I HOPE IT HELPS. HAVE A GREAT DAY AND HAVE FUN BIDDING ON EBAY....
YOU'LL NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU MIGHT FIND ON EBAY....BUT NOW YOU CAN KNOW WHAT YOU'LL GET!