Greetings! Having a party is all about fun and shouln't be too stressful! Here's a checklist for you to guide you through the process smoothly for success!
If it's a child's party think about their favourite TV show, or toy, book or comic character! Theres a large number of co-ordinated party sets in children's characters! TIP: Search for possible partyware by typing in the name of the character in the Search field under Parties and Occasions! Ie, Superman, My Little Pony, (Disney) Cars, Madagascar, Simpsons, Hello Kitty!
Some popular Themes for parties are:
Fairy, Pirate, Dinosaur, Jungle/Safari, Outerspace, Under Water, Glow in the Dark,
And for the Adults: Hawaiian Luau, Army Party (Camouflage), Chains and Leather, Hollywood, Horror/Halloween
1) To plan well (and budget) you need to know HOW MANY are coming? This is important as you need to base your tableware settings, quantity of food, invites, chair numbers, space in the house/room and amount of games and prizes around the number coming! TIP: Most Themed partyware settings are in multiples of 8 setting packs (Hats, cups, plates, napkins, lolly bags, blowouts x 8)
2) Do your research and find out what you have access to and make a list of all the party supplies you will get: Think of Balloons and Decorations (Streamers, scatters, Room Decorators/Scene Setter and cutouts, table centrepieces/sprays), Tablewares (cups, plates, napkins, tablecover), Party Games, Favors and Game prizes (Blowouts, Lolly bags and lollies, toys) and Birthday Cake candles and or Cake Image! Get your list happening and even try to colour co-ordinate if applicable! TIP: If a seller doesn't have something listed, in some cases they can order it in for you, best to ask!
3) Set a date and Invite Your guests: It's always a good idea to send out one or two extra invites above your planned number as last minute cancellations and unavailabilities happen. Also, with today's busy schedule don't be put off by mailing out your Invitations 3-4 weeks before the party as this gives people time to schedule their affairs around the party! TIP: Try buying Invites from eBay Sellers well over a month before the party date as this allows for transit time to you in the post before going back out in the post again!
4) Buy In your Party Supplies: Best to do this 2-3 weeks before the party as it gives you time for transit in the post from eBay sellers and also helps to check off the checklist and gather extra items in time!
5) Plan the Food, Birthday Cake and Games and make a check-list! This is the fun part! Remember that the party is all about having fun and not all about having a gourmet meal, or three course meal! The simpler the better! Sometimes it's much less stressful to buy in commercial food and do a little home prepared foods to complement! Here are some Party Food suggestions:
Party Pies and Sausage Rolls (sauce), Savaloys/Little Boys, Pizza Sliced up/Mini Pizzas, Arnott's Shapes, Twisties, Healthy Platter with dip (carrot sticks, celery, cheese cubes, olives, boiled eggs halved) or Dip and Crackers, Fried Dim Sims with dipping sauce (Tartare or sweet chilli sauce), crunchy crisps.
Drinks: Home-made fruit Punch, commercial sodas, milkshakes! TIP: The average partygoer drinks around 800 ml each (not inclulding Alcohol or cuppa teas and coffees)!
Sweets: Popcorn, Tim-Tams, Cup Cakes, Fresh fruit cut up at the last hour and dipped in chocolate (bananas are a treat currently), Fairy Bread with hundreds and thousands! TIP: It may be wise to borrow a Party Food book from the local library!
Game Suggestions: Pass the Parcel (and the variation of having a note in each paper layer with a request or dare), Musical Chairs, Memory Game, The Chocolate Game (Dice, gloves, hat and scarfe and frozen chocolate), Balloon Pop, TIP: Borrow a book from your local Libaray on Party Games
Birthday Cake: Make your own vanilla butter or cocoa cake, or buy a sponge from your local supermarket and decorate and spread icing on top and choose from the wonderful range of popular Cake Images (from eBay Sellers) to put on the icing ! There are also a great range of Character Candles on eBay too!
7) 1-2 days before the party: CONTACT THOSE THAT HAVE NOT R.S.V.P'd TO verify if they are coming or not! Get out your check-list shopping for food, drink, game prizes/lollies and cake ingredients supplies! Go over your checklist thoroughly to make sure everything is bought!
8) It's party time! Your guests come, and it's a fantastic time of fun games, yummy food , present opening, more fun games and winding down and saying goodbye! TIP: Get out your Lolly/Loot bags full of treats and give them to your guests when saying goodbye! It's a great thankyou to everyone for coming!
BIG TIP: LOOK FOR THE EBAY STORES IN PARTIES AND OCCASIONS BY LOCATING THE "SHOP EBAY STORES" LINKS AT THE LEFT BOTTOM SIDE OF THE MAIN PAGE IN PARTIES AND OCCASION - YOU'LL SEE THE LINK TO "SEE ALL MATCHING STORES" THIS WILL GUIDE YOU TO ALL MAJOR EBAY PARTY SUPPLIES SELLERS! WRITE THAT DOWN!
Was this guide helpful?