I have been selling on ebay for quite a while now and I have found that the BEST way to increase sales is to add Paypal to your listings.
Since adding Paypal to my listings, I have seen an increase in my sales by up to 40%. This increase has been both in my ebay shop and my auction listings.
I believe the reasons for this are:
1. Paypal is well known and trusted.
2. Buyers can use their credit cards to pay.
3. International buyers understand how Paypal works, therefore they are much more likely to purchase from a seller who takes Paypal.
4. The extra cover that the Paypal Buyer Protection offers makes buyers feel safe..
Some sellers wont use Paypal because of the fees they are charged BUT I have the fees are quite competitive and are easily outweighed by the increase in sales.
There are several other advantages to adding Paypal to your listings. Following are just a few:
1. Payment is usually made much quicker when buyers use Paypal to pay for their purchases.
2. Payment is very quick, you will have your funds straight away in your Paypal account when a buyer pays.
3. You can transfer the funds from your Paypal account to your own bank account.
4. It's easy to keep track of who has paid with Paypal as you have all the details in your Paypal account.
5. Paypal have several different account types - one to suit your business however large or small it happens to be.
6. You can sell WORLDWIDE if you have Paypal as a payment option.
7. Many people like to pay using a credit card and I have seen a decrease in the amount of unpaid items since adding Paypal to my listings.