Alfa Romeo 1750 GTV
Introduced on to the European market from 1967 to 1972, as distinct from the Giulia GT and GTV, the 1750 GTV offered the driver a completely different car in feel and character.
While retaining the Giulia chassis and basic body, detailed changes were made to the front end, interior and mechanicals of the car.
First to go was the "Stepped" nose panel with the bonnet line now flush with the top apron.
A new grille with twin headlights and single chrome bar on a black mesh background.
Also new was the mounting of the front park/indicator lamps to the front bar, wrapping around the contour of the guard.
The attractive ivory and green "Quadrifoglio" emblem mounted to the "C" pillar was also changed to gold and ivory.
This badge became very popular with some owners adding it to later 2.0 Ltr GTV's.
Mechanically, the most obvious change was the increase in capacity.
This was achieved by lengthening the stroke from 82mm to 88.5mm giving a swept volumn of 1779cc.
The twin 40mm Weber carb setup was retained from the Giulia GTV's so to the single booster brake system.
To be continued ........................