I am posting from Melbourne Metro area. And most of my goods are posted as either small or large letters.
Here are the time frames given by Australia Post as guidelines for the maximum number of business days to deliver letters posted from my zone.
If you live in: --> Aust Post Delivery Time
- Melbourne Metro --> 1 day
- Vic country locations --> 2 days
- Metro areas in other states --> 3 days
- Country locations in other states --> 3 days
Parcels may take longer especially if you live in country location in other states.
Payment clearance time frame:
- If you use PayPal (credit card linked), your payment is instantly cleared.
- If you send an e-Cheque via PayPal, it takes up to 5 working days for your payment to be sent to me. It is like having a broker to transfer money from your bank account to my bank account. This is one of the slowest payment methods. Please avoid if you can. Better transfer the money from your bank account to mine by yourself.
- If you use bank deposit, it usually takes 24 hours unless you are with ANZ, which only takes several hours in most cases.
If your payment is cleared before 5pm on business days, goods will be posted before 6pm the same day, of course unless if I am sick as a dog.:). Human and system error happens from time to time on Aust Post's end. Overall, their service is reliable.