The Australian Cattle Dog - Blue Heeler
The Cattle Dog - Blue Heeler maybe aggressive to strangers and other animals unless properly socialised. He may display status-related aggression to gentle owners and may nip at heels during play. Therefore, this dog requires an experienced, strong-willed, considerate owner who has enough time and energy to give this powerful dog a job to do and an outlet for his strong drives through play and training.
Cattle Dog - Blue Heeler Characteristics
Loyal, protective, amenable, biddable, alert, courageous.
- Size: 43-51cm (17-20in)
- Weight: 16-20kg (35-45lb)
- Coat: Smooth, straight, hard topcoat with short dense undercoat
- Colour: Blue, red speckle
- Lifespan: 12 years
- Owners - affectionate, loyal
- Children - tolerant, but not of their friends unless well socialised.
- Other Pets - alright if raised with them.
- Strangers - suspicious, territorial
- Unfamiliar dogs - can be problematic unless well socialised.
Cattle Dog - Blue Heeler Health Concerns
Eye defects, deafness.
If you are looking for a Cattle Dog - Blue Heeler for sale, please contact a reputable Cattle Dog, Blue Heeler breeder to ensure that the puppies are in excellent condition. You may also like to consider a Blue Heeler rescue dog.
I hope this guide has helped you in finding the right dog for you. For further information, please add my store, Personalised Dog Gifts to your favourites.