A quick guide to identifying an original Australian Sometime In New York City LP:
Hi, my name is Peter. Below is another quick guide and this time I'm concentrating on the Australian issue of the album Sometime In New York City by John Lennon.
1) Came in a gatefold which was unlaminated. This was the same over many years.
2) It had two different inner sleeves. One was black with white writing and quite flimsy. Prone to splitting. The second one was white with red writing for John Lennon's credits, and left over gray writing credits from a Frank Zappa and the Mothers LP. Just like the other inner sleeve it was very flimsy.
3) It came with a small photocard of the Statue of Liberty.
4) Both records had black custom labels featuring John Lennon and Yoko Ono's heads around the top half of the label.
5) The records were heavy 150g or more. This is the best guide to identifying the early press.
Note: The Australian issue didn't come with the petition to keep John Lennon in the US.