BENEFITS OF SOY WAX

Like if this Guide is helpful

NATURAL
Soy candles are made from soybeans, a natural, renewable source grown in many regions by local farmers. Paraffin candles are made from petroleum, which is a nonrenewable source that contains carcinogenic substances. These substances may be released into the air while burning, according to The Daily Green. Using candles made from soy supports local agriculture and farmers, allowing them to make money and grow their operations.
CLEANER BURNING
A candle made from soy wax burns cleaner with little soot released as the candle burns. Paraffin candles often create a significant amount of black soot that collects on the jar, as well as on your walls and other surfaces of the home. The soy candle may accumulate some black soot on the jar, but the amount is much less than paraffin candles. Soy candles are also non-toxic, so they won't release toxins into the air as they burn.
LONGER LASTING
Soy candles typically last longer than a paraffin candle of the same size, according to Planet Green. The reason behind the longevity of soy candles is the slower burning time and cooler burning temperature of the soybean-based wax. You may pay more for a soy candle initially, but the longer-lasting burn means you won't have to buy new candles as often. Soy wax is also biodegradable, making it an investment that benefits the environment.
BETTER SCENT
A soy candle works well for holding onto the scent from essential oils, which are often used to scent candles. Because they burn more slowly, the scent is gradually released; there won't be an immediate wave of strong scent. This creates a more pleasant atmosphere for most people. The natural wax also holds onto color well, which makes it look more attractive.

CANDLE CARE & BURNING INFORMATION

All of our candles are hand-poured and home made right here in Brisbane Queensland, nothing is sourced from overseas!  We use the maximum fragrance loading that the wax can safely hold, ensuring that your candles has a strong scent
To make sure you get the most out of your candles we recommend the following:
  • Never leave a burning candle unattended. 
  • Keep out of reach of children and pets
  • Keep away from things that could catch fire (e.g. curtains, clothing, electrical appliances)
  • Keep out of drafts (e.g. windows, fans or the direct line of air conditioning).  Drafts can cause candles to burn unevenly.
  • Do not use water to extinguish your flame. 
  • Ensure your wicks are trimmed to 7mm  initially and each time your candle is re-lit.  This will help reduce the amount of smoke your wick produces and will help your candle last longer.
  • The first time you light your candle, burn for a minimum of one hour.  Soy wax has a memory, and this will allow your candle to create the correct melt pool for future burns and will help to prevent it burning uneven.
  • Do not allow your candle to burn for longer than 4hours at a time.   This will decrease the chances of your wick smoking.
  • When not in use, keep your candle covered to avoid dust building up. 
  • Do not use candle if glass is cracked, chipped or broken.Don't be afraid to light your candle and enjoy it's beauty and fragrance. We truly hope that you love them as much as we love making them.
  • Remember to never lean too close over a burning candle, especially if you're wearing hair spray! Always keep long hair tied back and up out of danger of falling into the flame.
  • Always burn candles in a candle holder or on a heat-resistant surface
  • Discontinue burning when only 1/2" of wax remains on the bottom of your candle.

BURNING MELTS

These are easy, no wick to worry about!  Simply place the  melt in the bowl of your potpourri or oil burner, place a tealight underneath (or, if your melter is electric, plug it in and turn it on!) and enjoy!  Our melts  have scent that lasts approximately 20 hours, consecutively . If you want to switch scents or are done with that melt, simply allow to cool, and then you can either pop it in the freezer for a few moments and pop the used tart out, or relight/turn on your melter for a few minutes to get the bottom liquified, then pop it right out!
Have something to share, create your own Guide... Write a Guide
Explore more Guides