Here are 7 tips for finding bargain brand name clothing on ebay. These tips apply whether you are searching
for new or second hand items.
1) Make sure you know the item's recommended retail price otherwise you won't know for sure whether
you are getting a bargain or not. Second hand items should be cheaper then new items even if only worn
a few times.
2) Try searching for the item with a spelling mistake included. For example "Bilabong" instead of
"Billabong". Sometimes a seller may list an item with a spelling mistake which can mean a lucky break for
you as the item may not get as many bids.
3) Always check postage costs before bidding. Sometimes postage costs can push the price up too high
even if you are buying the item at a bargain price.
4) If the seller lives near you ask them if pickup is an option as this can save you a fair bit of money,
particularly on larger or heavier items such as jackets. Not all sellers will allow pickup but it's worth asking
just in case it is an option.
5) Use smart bidding strategies. This often means not biding too early. Keep an eye on how the bidding is
going towards the end of the auction to make sure you are not outbid and to make bids yourself if you
6) If you found a good quality bargain then add the seller you bought it from to your favourite sellers.
Chances are he or she will have other quality listings in the future. You can do this through "My Ebay" by
scrolling down to "--> All favourites --> sellers" on the left side of the screen.
7) Add the search to your favourite searches. For example if you like Roxy clothing then add the word to
your favourite searches. This way you will get daily emails showing you newly listed Roxy items.
You can find the help page about how to add something to your favourite searches here:
Ebay help files
Buying brand name clothing at bargain prices
Views 52 Likes Comments Comment
2 June 2006
Have something to share, create your own Guide... Write a Guide
Explore more Guides