Choosing a school for your child is not an easy task. Many parents labour hours to find a school for your child and I am here to tell you it is in your best interest.
Several Key points I woud like to stress are
- Academic Standing is not everything. You must consider whether your child will fit into a highly academic and competitive environment
- Look at a broad range of curricular and co-curricular programs to determine whether they meet your childs need
- Enquire and scrutinise a schools pastoral care and support services. A happy child will always perform better
- Attend as many school open days and take as many prospectus's as possible. Enquire and talk to students and teachers to get a 'vibe' of the school.
- If money permits and you are ready to commit to private education ensure that you enroll in a timely manner. Places do fill up fast so to avoide disappointment enrol ASAP.
Finally take the child with you so they can see the school also. Little or old as they may be they all have opinions which can be valuable to your final descion.
I hope this helps