Slendertone systems, when purchased directly from the manufacturer, come at a much greater cost.
Due to the nature of the Slendertone products being medical-grade, it is imperative to ensure that the product you select is indeed authentic, as counterfeit/fake Slendertone products undergo no safety testing, and are bound by no safety regulations. In using a Slendertone product that is not authentic, you are putting your health at risk.
There are a number of ways you can assess whether your Slendertone belt is indeed authentic, and not a counterfeit reproduction:
1. Send a request through to Slendertone via their website, outlining your concerns and the serial number of the product.
2. Consider that unbelievably low prices are often the greatest indicator of it being a fake.
3. Buy directly from the manufacturer, or a seller recognised by the manufacturer.
4. If your product begins showing premature signs of wear and tear, it is another indicator.
5. Don't be fooled by cheap imitations using Slendertone's name. Although it may look the same, it will not work the same.
6. Above all, allow common sense to prevail.
Don't think a fake will work as well as a legitimate product. In fact, it best be thought of counterfeit products not working at all. Any threat to your safety or health is simply not worth the saving in money, particularly when that product is bound to have only a short life.
Personal experience has lead me to create this guide, in hope others do not fall victim to counterfeit Slendertone products. I was lucky. My belt stopped working before it could cause me any damage.
I trust this may be of help to some. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask, or feel free to send a request through to Slendertone.
It is worth noting that I have no affiliation, personal, professional or otherwise, to Slendertone.
Best of luck!