DYSON UPRIGHT VACUUM CLEANER
The Dyson bagless vacuum is the top selling Bagless vacuum in the United States.
James Dyson the smooth talking brit who sounds like his false teeth have just fallen out explains who it works better than any other vacuum.
I tried all the New models, DC07, DC08, DC14 and DC15 also known as THE BALL.
The good points.
1)The Dyson has some of the best attachments of any vacuum on the market today. The low reach models do get under beds and some furniture. The huge extension hose some 17ft long is great for cleaning carpet on the stairs.
2) No need to buy vacuum bags.
3) Claims to have a high filter rating, This is almost as good as some of the Hypo-Allergenic vacuums with bags.
4) The ball is great to use and maneuvers easily through a home.
The bad points.
1) The cost. They vary from model to model, Some models have to sell at $599. However any dealer found selling this model the Dyson Dc15 animal at a lower cost will be in violation of contract and will loose authorized dealership status. Typically a dealer will pay $402 or lower for this model. All models have a dealer price and retail advertised price. This practice keeps the price high. Even large chains like Sams club and Walmart can NOT advertise lower than Dyson Market Sales price, If they do they would have to pay a higher price themselves. This practice is illegal in Europe.
2) The weight. You need arms like Mr Universe to carry a dyson. Some models with all attachments can weight up to 28 pound. And thats empty fill it with dust and add another 1-2 pound. Compare this to an Oreck at 8 pound, or even Eureka upright bagless at only 11 pound. This is why you need the long hose, not many people want to carry a large object that weight nearly 30 pound up and down stairs. But if you have rooms upstairs with carpets, you will need to carry it up and down.
3) To empty the machine, you would probably need a dust mask. This is not just Dyson however all bagless vacuum have this problem. What ever bagless you use, Bissell, Hoover,Eureka or Panasonic, always wash your hands after emptying out the vacuum. The vacuum waste is a mix of human hair and dead skin, pet hair, food crumbs, dirt, dead insects, bugs, bed bugs and the droppings and up to 6 types of bacteria. ..Hmm nice. Wash your hands!
I have given good points and bad for the Dyson above, This is just my opinion, as an owner of a large cleaning company and retailer of Vacuum cleaners, including Dyson, Hoover, Oreck, Eureka and Panasonic. Prices quoted are in United States Dollers. I hope this helps even if its a little. Have a nice day.