Suggested Treatment Guidelines for various skin conditions including Hair regrowth.
Treatment Guidelines for different size rollers :
*For roller sizes 0.2 , and 0.3 mm
You can use them daily to enhance nutrient and product absorption. Also used as daily maintenance after treatments with larger rollers over 0.3 mm for skin regeneration.
* For roller size 0.5 mm
You can use them daily for 7 days a month ( or 1 x a week for one week) and then the other 3 weeks of the month use a 0.2 mm or 0.3 mm roller.
* For roller sizes 1.0 mm and 1.5 mm
You can use them once a month and then use a 0.2 mm or 0.3mm roller for daily maintenance:
Suggested Treatment programs for various conditions:
*For Scars and Stretchmarks and Cellulite ( body) suggested treatment:
You can use a 1.5mm or 1.0 mm once a month and then use the 0.3 mm roller for 3 weeks daily
* For Facial Acne Scars and pigmentation:
* Deep Scars:
You can use a 1.0 mm 1 x a month and a 0.2 or 0.3 mm roller daily to maintain results and provide stimulation and regeneration of the skin. Do this Monthly.
* Lighter Scars:
Use a 0.5 mm roller for 7 days and then use a 0.3 mm for 3 weeks daily. Do this Monthly.
* For Collagen regeneration Sun damage and wrinkles:
You can use a 1.0 mm roller 1 x a month and a .2 mm or .3mm roller for daily maintenance or Use a .5mm roller 7 days for one week and then use a .2mm or .3mm roller for 3 weeks . Do this every month.
* Suggestion when indicated roll nightly as a night time regime and start gradually for a few minutes working up to 10 minutes a night with gentle pressure on the roller. A prickles Roller will last about 3 months . Replace them as needed.
General roller Instructions for all treatments :
To get started:
Wash your hands with antibacterial hand wash and the area to be treated.
Fill the container provided about 2/3 the way full with Isocol Rubbing Alcohol for sterilising your roller every time you use it and follow the steps below for all treatments except hair regrowth. Look further below for those directions.
1) Soak Prickles roller 5 minutes in the alcohol and swish the roller around to make sure it is clean (or use one of the techniques below for sterilising.)
2) Cleanse the face or area to be treated with anti bacterial soap and dry thoroughly. For roller sizes 0.5mm and higher you will need to apply a numbing cream such as Emala cream according to the directions on the package and then proceed.
3) Gently press the roller onto the skin and roll the entire area in a back and forth motion 10 times per same row in a vertical, then horizontal and then diagonal direction... Make sure you use short strokes. To avoid track marks, lift the roller so as not to keep going over the same area. First do the whole area horizontally, then vertically and then diagonally. Be careful not to get hair entangled in the roller as this can stop the barrel turning: if the barrel stops turning it will scratch your skin! If you roll in one direction in the hair this can help prevent tangling around the roller. You may experience light pinprick bleeding and reddening of the skin like sunburn. You will want to start rolling for a few minutes each time adding more time to reach a desired time of 10 minutes of light rolling.
4) Use a clean warm moist face cloth wipe the area
5) Now apply your favourite skin care products such as lotions, creams, serums or oils . For hair regrowth use your product now according to its directions once or twice a day .
6) Stay out of the sun and use a hat or cover the area treated. You may use Sunscreen but not immediately as it is irritating to the skin. It is best to avoid the sun until all reddening is faded and then you can apply sunscreen.
7) Now you are ready to clean the roller again.
8) Soak 1 minute and swish the roller around to make sure it is clean. You can use a brand new soft bristle sterile toothbrush to clean away lint or anything lingering on the roller. You can use some of the techniques for sterilising listed below. Afterwards place the roller in its stand and allow to air dry with the lid off and then storing it away with the lid on. Never store wet.
More Methods for sterilizing the roller:
* A really good way to sterilize the roller is to use denture cleaner. Place a small cosmetic pad in the bottom of a small bowl. Add water and denture cleaner as directed on the denture cleaner. Rest the roller on the pad in the bowl in the cleaner. Leave in the solution as per directions on the denture cleaner. Remove the roller and air dry it on paper towels or on its stand. Once the roller is dry put it away in its storage case.
* A tablespoon of household liquid bleach in a sink filled with hot water is another method of disinfecting your skin roller. Allow it to soak for 10 minutes, rinse under hot water and air dry on clean paper towels before putting it away.
A disinfecting procedure should be done each and every time you use the Roller to ensure your safety. Failure to keep the roller clean and disinfected increases the chance of complications, including, but not limited to, an infection of the skin. Some down-play the risk of complications, and in fact they are quite rare but you, the consumer, must be made aware of the importance of keeping the skin roller clean.
It is suggested that you use products containing the following on the skin or taken orally as per directions of your product to encourage collagen production:
*Supplements and Omega 3 vitamins
*Topical Vitamin A, *Topical Vitamin C, *Topical antioxidants, *Topical copper peptides, *Topical growth factors, *Sunscreen
DYI VITAMIN C SERUM (10%) Recipe
Vitamin C is one of the most powerful antioxidants for anti-aging and is necessary for the production of collagen in the skin. It is often used in conjunction with dermal rolling or micro needling to improve wrinkles, sun damage, scars, stretch marks and skin rejuvenation and should be used every time.Vitamin C serum is very unstable as Vitamin C oxidizes very quickly in the light. You can save 100's of dollars by creating your own fresh potent batch every time you use it. All the ingredients can be purchased inexpensively from your local pharmacy or health food store.When you use a skin roller such as the "Prickles roller" your absorption of the Vitamin C is increased by up to 80%.
* 1/4 teaspoon of Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin-C) powder or crystals with no additives.
* Purchase at the health food store for about $10.00 for 125 gm.
* 5 ml or approximately 1 U.S. teaspoon distilled water $2.00 for 1.5 liters.
* 5 ml or approximately 1 U.S. teaspoon of vegetable glycerine (cost about $3.50.) Or if your skin is oily you can use rose water ((buy at the health food store cost $4.00) or KY jelly (buy at pharmacy)
* Small bowl to mix the ingredients in.
* Small spoon or Popsicle stick for stirring.
These ingredients are all natural and created to use orally but I’d not suggest you eat it. Prices are approximate.
1. Make sure your bowl is clean by pouring boiling water over it. You can also sterilize it with some rubbing alcohol.
2. Make sure the bowl is dry.
3. Add the ¼ teaspoon ascorbic acid to the bowl.
4. Add the 5 ml or 1 teaspoon distilled water.
5. Use the stirrer to stir until all the ascorbic acid is dissolved.
6. Add the 5 ml or 1 teaspoon glycerine (must be vegetable glycerine) or same amount of KY jelly or rose water if your skin is oily. This ingredient is only the base and not the active ingredient. (You want a natural PH for the base.)
7. Mix well with the stirrer until all is dissolved.
8. Now pat a small amount over the face or area treated. It’s good for the whole body. Make sure your face or area where you apply the serum is clean: it’s best to use alone so it does not interact with other products and change the PH. Don’t apply other products for at least 20 minutes.
9. Use up all the serum and throw out the leftovers. Vitamin C oxidizes quickly and does not remain potent. Because it is so unstable it is very expensive to buy. You will save $100’s - $1000’s using this recipe.
10. If you find this serum burns your skin wash it off immediately. You can lower the potency by halving the ascorbic acid. You can raise the potency by doubling the ascorbic acid. Doubling creates a 20% potency and it is not recommended you use over this potency. Halving the amount of ascorbic acid makes a 5% serum.
Comments: This may tingle your skin a bit, if it’s too much just wash it off.... You can lower the percentage to 5% by halving the ascorbic acid.
Apply this serum to the area you have rolled every time you roll it unless you are using the roller for hair regrowth in which case you would use your 5% minoxidil. If you need a roller look on eBay for a "Prickles roller". These rollers are high quality rollers made with lexan plastic as used in racing helmets and safety gear and surgical stainless steel needles or if you prefer, titanium needles.
Treatment Plan precautions:
To begin with do not use the roller If:
* If you have active acne* If have inflamed skin, dermatitis, active skin infections
·*If you have poor healing or blood clotting problems,*If you currently use Accutane (Isotretinoin, Roaccutane) or have in the past 6 months
* If you have a tendency to Keloid (over-production of scar tissue resulting in over-formed, thickened scar.)
*Have Diabetes,*Are immune suppressed
* If you react to Nickel (the metal in the rollers to prevent corrosion) a very small percent of people are sensitive to Nickel. You probably know this already if your react to things like earrings that are neither gold or silver and your ears get itchy or turn red when you wear them.
* Have an active herpes breakout
*Do not roll over fillers
* Do not roll over Botox less than 2 weeks old. It may massage it into other areas.