EARLY PREGNANCY SIGNS AND SYMPTOMS
Every woman who is trying to conceive is desperate to know the very millisecond that pregnancy is achieved. With todays highly sensitive tests it is now possible to obtain a positive pregnancy test as early as 7 days post ovulation (dependant on the individuals level of hcg present in their urine at time of testing). There are a number of other 'early' pregnancy signs that can indicate to a woman that she is indeed pregnant.
FERTILISATION / IMPLANTATION
If sperm encounter the egg within the fallopian tube fertilisation usually occurs. Roughly 6 days after this happens the blastocyst (precursor to the embryo) attaches itself to the lining of the uterus, beginning the process of implantation. From as early as 6 – 7 days after fertilisation these cells can begin secreting HCG which is then passed into the mothers body and detected by pregnancy tests.
1. Missed Period this is regarded as the most obvious pregnancy symptom.
2. Morning sickness or nausea and vomiting.
3. Tender & enlarged breasts due to changes in hormone levels
4. Frequent trips to the bathroom also due to changes in hormone levels
5. Fatigue also attributed to changing hormone levels
6. Cramping similar to period pains
7. More sensitive to smell some women’s’ smell gets very sensitive which can also increase morning sickness.
8. Changes in taste many women complain about a ‘metallic’ taste very early in pregnancy and often just that food tastes different.
9. Just feeling pregnant many women report just “knowing” they were pregnant. This intuition is often proved correct.
10. Dizziness / Fainting changes in hormones and blood pressure are normally attributed to this.
11. Higher body temperature hormone related
12. Implantation bleeding slight bleeding/spotting that can be caused when the fertilized egg begins to implant itself into the uterus. Usually takes place between 3 – 6 days after fertilisation.
13. Mood swings / raging hormones sudden changes in hormone activity can cause emotionality and mood swings.
Unfortunately many of these signs can also be a woman's normal pre menstrual symptoms, which can make it difficult to determine if indeed they are early pregnancy symtoms or not.
Ultimately you will eventually know wether or not you are indeed pregnant, but for those who are wanting to know as early as possible, please take a look at our range of early pregnancy tests that have been proved to provide accurate positive results as early as 7 days past ovulation. BUY EARLY PREGNANCY TESTS HERE