As a purchaser it is annoys when a seller refuses to leave feedback untill the purchaser has.
- When a person has made a bid and won an item the next step is to pay for the item ASAP (PayPal being the easiest and quickest method if satisfactory to the seller)
- When payment is received by the seller it is his responsibility to package the item and send ASAP to the purchaser.
- It is then the sellers responsibility to leave a positive "FEEDBACK" for the purchaser. The purchaser has held up his part of the eBay experience.
- When the item won is received in good condition, as described and in a timely fashion it is then the turn of the purchaser to leave positive "FEEDBACK"
It is important that "FEEDBACK" is left for both parties.
- For the buyer so that sellers can see he/she has paid and completed his transactions.
- for the seller as proof that he/she can be trusted to deliver what he/she is selling.
Obviously for someone that has a big "FEEDBACK" it is not as important to get more feedback. However it is important that feedback is left to help the other party increase and improve his/her feedback score. It all helps you sell or purchase in the long or short term and should be the final part of your eBay experience.
If the seller refuses to leave "FEEDBACK" first then do not leave "FEEDBACK" yourself. Just move on to the next purchase and hope you find a nicer well mannered seller who is prepared to follow etiquette.