For a few years now I have been selling children's clothing on ebay and have been fortunate to come across many wonderful buyers.
Here are a few guides I found helpful in the past when buying clothing on ebay:
1) Always check sizing, sometimes clothing especially items from the USA can be small in comparison to Australian sizing.
2) If the seller has not stated the measurements in the auction, contact the seller prior to bidding to avoid disapointment.
3) Check the item description including any faults and colours.
4) Computer monitors can vary a great deal, therefore colours can look different when on screen, so ask the seller if the colour shown on the screen is exact or close to the actual colour of the garment.
5) Check the postage amount, if the seller has not included any quote for post, ask prior to bidding.
6) Does the seller charge any handling fee ? Sometimes small items can be posted quite cheaply, but the seller may charge a handling fee, this will be added to the postage.
7) Is the item new or used ? If used, always check the description for faults, if the seller hasn't stated any faults, it's best to ask to get an accurate description. Also, sometimes new items can have faults, so always read the description.
8) Finally, my best advice I can give is to thoroughly read the auction description including the seller's terms of sale, payment options, postage amount etc. This will provide you with all the information you need and if this is not on the auction, then ask the seller.
I hope this has been of some help, my email door is always open and I'm happy to help out where possible, so if there are any question relating to ebay you may have, feel free to contact me.
Bec (ebay ID benandlochie22)