When buying an exercise bike there are several things to consider. An exercise bike is different to the majority of exercise equipment as it is large, more expensive and may not be able to be moved as easily as other exercise equipment.
Some of the things to be considered before buying are:
· What is the spending limit?
· Where is there enough room for it?
· Does it provide the desired type of workout?
· What options or features will the exercise bike offer?
In order to buy the correct type of exercise bike, an understanding of the basics of how an exercise bike, and its different features, work will be needed. No matter what type of exercise bike is decided upon, a large selection can be found quickly and easily on eBay.
Types of Exercise Bike
There are many different types of exercise bike available to buy, all with different options. It is particularly important to buy the right exercise bike to suit specific needs because of the cost of an exercise bike. Ensure that the bike of interest is the correct type for intended use. These are the main types of exercise bike:
· Recumbent exercise bikes – This type of exercise bike is relatively simple. It is horizontal in style and is easy to get on and off. Its seat has a back to it; it is much like a car seat in shape. This makes a recumbent exercise bike a good choice for anyone with an injury of some kind or a heart condition. Talk to a doctor before taking up any kind of cardio exercise if it might affect any kind of medical condition.
· Upright exercise bikes – This type of bike is probably the most popular. Its shape and style reflects that of a regular road bike. The user sits upright on it, sometimes angled slightly forward. It is is usually slightly smaller than a recumbent and therefore it will not take up as much room.
· Indoor training bikes – This kind of exercise bike is relatively similar to that of the upright exercise bike. They are the type of exercise bike that tend to be used in gyms and spinning classes. The seats on this type of bike are usually much smaller; they are a similar size to the seat on an outdoor bike. They are also thought to be good for tough workouts over a long period of time.
Other Factors to Take into Account
There are many important factors to consider when buying an exercise bike.
It is important to ensure that there is enough room for the bike wherever it is planned to sit. Different bikes can be different sizes. If the description does not mention the exact dimensions of the bike, ask the seller so that working out if the exercise bike will fit in to the desired area is possible.
If there are other people who will be using the bike, remember to consider their personal requirements, something that is right for one person is not necessarily right for everyone else.
Resistance – Exercise bikes use various methods to increase the resistance in the pedals, making the amount of energy that needs to be put into the push harder. This feature is a good way of controlling someone’s specific levels of strength and ability. Beginners can start off on a lower setting and once practiced, the bar can be set higher.
Electronic programmes – Most modern exercise bikes have electronic features, which have the ability to do things such as record weight, heart rate, speed and other things. They can also come with a built-in screen on which for watching television or listening to music while working out.
Like many other items being bought used, there are certain aspects of the bike that may not be able to be judged by reading the description or looking at the pictures. An example of this is if an internal part of the exercise bike is not working causing it to run differently. Don’t be shy, contact the seller and they can answer any questions about the product. The quick fix here is to ask for a video call so that the exercise bike can be seen live in action.
How to Buy a Used Exercise Bike on eBay
Now that you know what you want out of a used exercise bike, you can find it quickly and easily on eBay. While you shop, give thought to gloves and stopwatches. To start shopping, go to the sporting goods category, followed by fitness then exercise bikes.
The categories list on the left side of each page will help you narrow down your listings by item type.
Use the used exercise bike Finder to quickly narrow down item listings by brand and condition (new or used).
Search eBay listing titles for specific words. For example, if you want to find used exercise bikes, type the keywords “exercise bike used” (without quotation marks) into the search box. Click, “Search title and description” to expand your results. Visit eBay’s Search Tips for more tips on searching with keywords.
If you can’t find exactly what you want, try browsing eBay Stores or tell the eBay Community what you’re looking for by creating a post on Want It Now. Alternatively, use the save a search option on My eBay and eBay will email you when a matching item becomes available.
Remember also to check eBay Deals to look for bargains.
Buy a Used Exercise Bike with Confidence
Make sure that you know exactly what you’re buying and understand how eBay and PayPal protect you.
Know Your Item
- Read the details in the item listing carefully.
- Remember to add delivery costs to your final price. If you’re buying a high value item, check that the seller will insure it until it is delivered to you.
- If you want more information, click the “Ask seller a question” button on the seller’s profile or the “Ask a question” link at the bottom of the item listing page.
Know Your Seller
Research your seller so that you feel safe and positive about every transaction.
· What is the seller’s feedback rating?
· How many transactions have they completed?
· How many positive responses do they have?
· What do buyers say in their feedback?
· Do they offer a money-back guarantee?
· What are the terms and conditions?
· Are buyers positive about the seller?
· Most top eBay sellers operate like retail shops and have a returns policy.
There is a wide range of used exercise bikes of all types available on eBay. Exercise bikes contribute to a good cardio workout regime, burning calories and improving general levels of health and fitness. Make sure the exercise bike is still fully operational by contacting the seller, and possibly asking for a video call.
Whatever type of exercise bike the fitness fan has decided upon buying, they should be able to find it quickly and easily on eBay.