An ab wheel is a piece of exercise equipment which is speculated about a lot. Some people claim that the wheel gives more of a workout to the lower back than to the abdominal muscles for which it is intended. However, this is often due to improper use of the equipment. To get the most out of the ab wheel, ensure the equipment is used with the correct technique otherwise the desired effect will not be achieved.
There is a wide range of ab wheels available on the market, many of which can be found on eBay. Some people think that there is not much of a difference between wheels, while others believe that the type used for a workout has an impact. For first time users of an ab wheel, an important thing to do is to find out whether anyone you know has an ab wheel and try theirs out before proceeding to purchase. Alternatively ask a professional for advice. Plenty of advice can be received from sellers on eBay; feel free to ask a rated seller a question.
How to Use an Ab Wheel
· Kneel on the ground, on the knees with the back straight. For added comfort make sure there is extra padding, perhaps a yoga mat, under the knees.
· With the wheel placed directly in front, place one hand on each of the handles.
· Keep the knees and legs in a straight line with the ab wheel, and keep the back straight.
· Roll the wheel slowly forward, keeping muscles tensed until a strain is felt on the abdominal muscles. When this happens, use these muscles to pull the wheel back, keeping the back straight at all times.
· Repeat this action as many times as is comfortable. If this piece of equipment hasn’t been used before, start off small with around 5 repetitions before moving on to bigger amounts.
Tip - The ab wheel works best when the user already has a certain level of fitness. It requires a lot of abdominal muscle strength to operate the wheel. Too much strain may be put on these muscles if they are not used to a similar workout.
Ab wheels, or exercise wheels, are a simple and inexpensive piece of equipment. They are made up of a wheel, which provides the movement for the workout, and a pole through the middle of the wheel which is used as handles either side during the workout.
If for some reason there is no access to buying one of these pieces of equipment, one can be self-made at home. This may be difficult, however, and problems with use may arise. It is easier and more efficient to buy a cheap ab wheel which can be found quickly and easily on eBay.
Using the wheel has many benefits such as:
· The prevention of future back pain.
· Like all exercise, the ab wheel may improve the condition of the heart and blood flow.
· Building abdominal muscles or other muscles, depending on the exercise the wheel is being used for.
Different Ab Wheel Types
There are many different styles of ab wheel available and there are also a lot of exercises they can be used for. The simplest and most popular reason for using one is to build abdominal muscles, which will not only look good, but will also improve health. This exercise along with any other exercise the equipment may be used for, will not only work the abdominal muscles, but many others throughout the body as many muscles are needed to stabilise the body during this exercise.
Another attraction of the ab wheel is that it is easy to use and is inexpensive and so it can be used at home if going to the gym is not as accessible as required. It is also small and compact so it can be easily stored out of the way when not in use.
Although the ab wheel is a simple piece of equipment to use, do not rush in to using it in the case of any health problems. As with most exercise equipment, see a doctor if it is not certain whether or not a condition could be affected by the workout. Pregnancy, heart conditions and back conditions are three things which can be particularly tricky. In the case of a heart or back condition, ask a doctor about the dangers, and in the case of pregnancy, it is probably best not to use this equipment at all.
How to Buy an Ab Wheel on eBay
Now that you know what you want out of an ab wheel; you can find it quickly and easily on eBay. While you shop, give thought to anti gravity boots and attachable exercise bars.
To start shopping, go to the sporting goods category, followed by fitness, then abdominal machines.
The categories list on the left side of each page will help you narrow down your listings by item type.
Use the Ab Wheel Finder to quickly narrow down item listings by brand and condition (new or used).
Search eBay listing titles for specific words. For example, if you want to find new ab wheels, type the keywords “ab wheel new” (without quotation marks) into the search box. Click, “Search title and description” to expand your results. Visit eBay’s Search Tips for more tips on searching with keywords.
If you can’t find exactly what you want, try browsing eBay Stores or tell the eBay Community what you’re looking for by creating a post on Want It Now. Alternatively, use the save a search option on My eBay and eBay will email you when a matching item becomes available.
Remember also to check out the eBay Deals page when hunting for bargains.
Know Your Item
- Read the details in the item listing carefully.
- Remember to add delivery costs to your final price. If you’re buying a high value item, check that the seller will insure it until it is delivered to you.
- If you want more information, click the “Ask seller a question” button on the seller’s profile or the “Ask a question” link at the bottom of the item listing page.
Know Your Seller
Research your seller so that you feel safe and positive about every transaction.
· What is the seller’s feedback rating?
· How many transactions have they completed?
· How many positive responses do they have?
· What do buyers say in their feedback?
· Do they offer a money-back guarantee?
· What are the terms and conditions?
· Are buyers positive about the seller?
· Most top eBay sellers operate like retail shops and have a returns policy.
When thinking about buying an ab exercise wheel, first give thought to current fitness, and health condition; buying a wheel and not being able to use it is not desirable.
Once suitability has been taken care of, search online to find out what kind of wheel other users think is the most effective. Feel free to ask sellers any question which may need to be answered, most should be happy to help.
No matter what type of ab wheel has been decided upon, it can usually be found quickly and easily on eBay.