Being pregnant in the summer means having to find clothes that help you stay cool. Maternity clothes no longer consist of tent-like dresses and unflattering jeans. Today, they're as trendy as regular clothes, and summertime maternity clothes are cool and flattering.
1. Pick light colors that keep you cool in the summer. Some good color choices are white, beige, light pink, light blue, green and yellow.
2. Dress in loose-fitting clothes made of cotton. Cotton is a breathable fabric that stretches easily. Choose shirts and pants in cotton that can last your entire pregnancy.
3. Put on wrap shirts and dresses. Wrap-style clothing is loose-fitting near the bottom but more fitted on the top, which helps accent positive features.
4. Get sexy in tube tops. Form-fitting tube tops help you stay cool and up your maternity sex appeal. Plus, you can always enhance a tube top with a cropped jacket.
5. Wear shorts or capris when possible. The new, stretchable waistlines of maternity shorts and capris let you roll the waistline up or down as your pregnancy progresses.
6. Fill your closet with maternity dresses. Summer maternity dresses provide the best option for cool maternity wear and come in a variety of styles.
7. Buy flip flops and sandals that coordinate with your maternity clothes. Flip flops now come with plenty support and provide the most comfort for swollen feet.