Protecting an expensive phone is a key concern for many buyers. The Sony Xperia Z is built to be an Android powerhouse, with high performance, full HD screen and protective measures including waterproofing and dust proofing. This guide will take a look at what makes theSony Xperia Z worth protecting, and how to buy a case for the phone on eBay.
The Key Features of the Sony Xperia Z
The following section will highlight some of the key features of the Sony Xperia Z phone:
· The Sony Xperia Z is powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Pro Quad Core processor giving 1.5GHz of power.
· It has 4GB of RAM and uses the Google Android 4.2 (Jelly Bean) operating system.
· The Sony Xperia Z's 5.0" TFT display with 16 million colours and 1920 x 1080 pixels is complemented by the Adreno 320 GPU for quick, fast and stunning graphics.
· It has support for 4G download speeds and also has a 13 MP Exmor RS camera with auto-focus and flash and a 2.2MP Exmor R front camera (1080p) for HD pictures and HDR video.
· The shiny, fully black Sony Xperia Z weighs 146g (0.32lbs) and is 5.47 x 2.79 x 0.31 inches (13.9 x 7.1 x 0.8 cm).
· It has IPX5/7 certification for water resistance and IP5X certification for dust proofing.
Why Get a Case for the Sony Xperia Z?
Whilst the Sony Xperia Z has a tough, durable design and is made to be waterproof and dust resistant, buying a case may seem like an unnecessary expense. However, protecting the phone from day-to-day bumps and scratches is an important step in preserving the original condition of the phone – its performance will remain unfaltering for years on end and, when the time comes to upgrade, the better the condition of the phone, the higher the resell value. It is also a simple way of personalising the phone.
The following are a selection of the different types of cases that are available for the Sony Xperia Z:
- Flexishield : this basic case is a moulded silicone skin for the phone and is available in five colours including purple which will work well with the purple Sony Xperia Z. The case is easy to slot onto the phone one end at a time and has cut-outs for the camera, speaker and ports. It is also easy to open and close the water and dust proof flaps but there are no cut-outs for the buttons apart from a clear section showing off the design of the power button.
Hard Shell Cases
- CaseMate Barely There : This slightly thick case covers the back and sides of the phone, with easy accessibility for the headphone socket and microUSB, with cut-outs on the rear side, power and volume buttons. However, the metal contacts for docking are covered, so the case will need to be removed to dock the phone.
- Crystal Clear Hard Cover : this crystal clear hard cover case is made from high-quality acrylic resin, with sturdy construction, slotting easily over the back of the phone. It is lightweight and simple to fit, with cut-out ports for the headphone and charger port.
- Sony Xperia Z Wallet Case : This wallet case offers extra functionality in that it allows the storage of credit cards, train tickets, and ID cards in two slots, with room behind these for bank notes and receipts. It has a stylish, fake leather effect on the outside and a textured finish on the inside. When closed using the magnetic catch, it can have the feel of a typical purse. Although there are accurate cut-outs and the magnetic catch can be folded backwards, the front cover tends to close in on the phone during use.
- Sony Book Case for Sony Xperia Z : custom made for the Xperia Z, this classic flip-style cover has the official ‘Made for Xperia' lettering, with a soft suede interior and a choice of colours.
- OverBoard Large Phone Case : There are several models of the OverBoard phone case, with the large model fitting the 5" Xperia Z. It is a sealable pouch submersible to six meters and floats if the phone falls in the water. The case is touchscreen capable and comes with a neck lanyard and carabiner.
- Sony Pouch Case for Sony Xperia Z : this slimline pouch is custom-made and fully licensed for the Xperia Z. It has a durable outer material with an embossed ‘Made for Xperia' lettering, with soft suede lining and cut out at the bottom for easy access when removing the handset. It also has a slot to display the call/message notification light.
- Krussel ColourCover Slim Case : offering back and facedown protection, this case has precise cut-outs and is easy to mount, remove or change. It is also available in a range of colours.
- Sony Xperia Z Slim'n'Stand Case : this wallet-style case also doubles as a stand, with internal pockets for credit cards.
- Poetic Borderline Bumper Case : this is a simple bumper available in a range of colours.
How to Buy Sony Xperia Z Cases on eBay
Buying a Sony Xperia Z case on eBay is simple with these few steps:
· Type in the case name along with ‘Sony Xperia Z' in the search bar and browse listings.
· Use the categories on the left hand side to narrow down the listings to suit the Sony Xperia Z. Choose from: ‘Format', ‘Product Type', ‘Compatible Brand', ‘Colour', ‘Condition', and ‘Price'.
- eBay's recommended deals section may also host Sony Xperia Z cases. Use the link at the top of the screen, then go toElectronics and then Phones and finally Accessories to browse deals.
Although it is durable and built with weather and dust proofing technologies, the Sony Xperia Z can benefit from being in a protective case. Choosing a case can be tricky due to the range of custom designs available. However, having a list of the available options can make choosing a case easier, and buying on eBay once the choice has been made is made simpler by following a few steps.