Halloween is an opportunity for children to tell scary stories, dress up in silly
costumes and parade around town begging for free goodies. One of the last things on
children's minds at Halloween is safety. So it is up to the adults to ensure that
kids are careful while trick-or-treating. Read on to learn how to keep kids safe on
1. Choose a costume for your child that fits properly. Kids can easily trip and fall
if the costume drags on the ground.
2. Make sure all costumes are made of flame-retardant material.
3. Apply makeup instead of having the child wear a mask. If he insists on wearing a
mask, make sure there are sufficient air holes around the nose and mouth and large
openings for the eyes.
4. Look for costumes with reflective pieces on them, especially on the back. You can
also apply reflective tape to the costume yourself.
5. Arm your child with a flashlight and a cell phone if old enough to go out on own,
so she can easily be spotted and reached.
6. Plan ahead and discuss with your child the route you will take and where to meet if
you get separated.
How to Keep Kids Safe on Halloween
Views 1 Like Comments Comment
5 October 2011
Have something to share, create your own Guide... Write a Guide
Explore more Guides