For one of the most powerful smartphones on the market, many customers have discovered the incredible power of the Nokia Lumia 920 . This Windows-based phone delivers many of the same kinds of features that are standard for the iPhone. Many consumers feel that it outperforms Apple phones, though it is more accurate to say that the Nokia has unique benefits. The lower cost of the Nokia is reason enough to examine the strengths of the Nokia Lumia. Beside the strengths of the Lumia 920, itself, many people appreciate the ability to operate outside of an Apple environment. Before purchasing a Lumia 920, consumers should know what to expect, know how to restore the phone, and learn about its accessories.
Before buying a Nokia phone, customers should learn everything about it to make sure they understand the terms of the sale. Direct any questions regarding the condition or the circumstances of the phone to the seller.
Customers can safeguard against purchasing stolen phones by checking with Nokia regarding the specific used phone, referenced by the product identification number.
Some customers assume that sellers are including accessories with the phone. When accessories are not included with the phone, the asking price should reflect that. Buyers should receive confirmation or remind a seller of a used Nokia Lumia 920 to do a hard reset on the phone. A little investigation and effort yields a much more satisfying transaction and ensures that buyers get the exact phone for which they are looking.
It is the responsibility of the seller to hard reset any Nokia phone before shipping. Reputable dealers know how to do this and understand the expectation to deliver a working product. Possible complications of a Nokia Lumia that lead to a reset include frozen screens, unresponsive phones, and random shutdowns.
One of the first steps for fixing the Lumia 920 is a soft reset, which restarts the phone without removing data. Holding down the Volume Down and Power buttons at the same time until the phone buzzes three times soft resets the Lumia. After a soft reset, the phone powers on by itself.
In the event that a soft reset of a Nokia Lumia does not work properly, the following steps should help to restore the phone to original factory settings:
1. Before attempting the reset process, it is important to back up any vital information that may belong to an authorised Microsoft account. Nokia users should always back up their information to a Microsoft account as standard practice. The backup function is located in the Settings menu. The hard reset process completely removes all user data from the phone.
2. Not all apps backup to the Microsoft account but are often available in the shop of purchase. Nokia owners should check for backup access to apps before a hard reset.
3. Customers can back up their music using the Windows Phone app. If possible, a Nokia owner should already have his or her data and music files stored in several locations.
4. Once all data and apps are stored on a computer or Microsoft account, the phone is hard reset by first pressing the Volume Down button and simultaneously connecting the charger. After an exclamation mark shows on the screen, the user must press these buttons in order: Volume Up, Volume Down, Power, and then Volume Down. This sequence begins the hard reset process.
5. The Nokia Lumia 920 then begins the reboot process. After rebooting, reload data and apps to the phone.
Once a Nokia Lumia is reset, customers can consider buying Nokia accessories for their newly reset phone. A protective or decorative case is almost a required purchase for any modern smartphone. Other accessories, like headsets, docks for home entertainment options, and armbands to make the Nokia a part of an exercise regime are very useful accessories.
Nokia recommends that only trained technicians perform maintenance on Nokia phones, but users find replacement parts, like batteries, for their Nokia Lumias at great prices to save on maintenance costs. To protect the integrity of the phone, a qualified Nokia expert should still be the one to perform any repairs.
To identify and purchase a Nokia Lumia 920, start by inputting specific keywords into the search bar on any eBay page. One of the first criteria to sort your results is colour, one of the defining characteristics of Nokia phones. Further pare down your options by adding criteria, like price range and condition.
Following these steps is one of the best ways to find the best Nokia phones available on eBay. Discover what makes the Lumia 920 one of the reasons that people rank Nokia as one of the best smartphone makers in the world.