After you have spent all of that time growing your nails out the last thing you want to deal with is a broken nail. Should you clip it off and start over or is there some way to properly repair broken nails?
Many people use at home fixes like super glue, nail glue, or teabags to fix broken nails, but many times these solutions can fall short. Super glue can make the nails brittle and uneven and the others just don't always quite do the trick. Lucky for you, with a little Shellac and the proper techniques your nails can look as good as new.
1. Buff and clean the nail then push back your cuticles to properly prep your nails for Shellac application.
2. Wipe the nail clean with non-acetone nail polish remover to remove any excess oil or moisture. Be careful to not catch the broken nail.
3. Apply a thin base coat of Shellac to your nails.
4. Carefully apply the Shellac to the edges of your nails and really focus on the cracked area.
5. Once the base coat is applied, cure your nail for 2 minutes.
6. If you are planning on wearing a colour, now is the time to apply it to the nail and cure it.
7. Apply a layer of Shellac top coat to your nails and again focus on the edges and the broken area of the nail. Cure the nail for 2 minutes.
8. If the area where your nail is broken is completely torn, you should apply a second layer of top coat and cure again.
9. After you have applied all the layers of Shellac, use 99% isopropyl alcohol to remove the top layer of film from the nail.
Come visit our store today for everything you need to repair a broken nail (plus all the good deals to start looking fabulous!) with Shellac. By following these steps you will be able to easily repair a broken nail without the use of glues or other remedies. Your nail will feel noticeably stronger and will grow out in no time!
How to Use Shellac Nail Polish to Repair a Broken Nail
Views 5 Likes Comments Comment
17 July 2012
Have something to share, create your own Guide... Write a Guide
Explore more Guides