Application of your vinyl sticker / decal is very easy, just follow the instructions below and you'll have the job done in no time.
Just a few things to remember before starting.
- If you're applying a large sticker onto a outdoor window , car windscreen or any outdoor surface, avoid doing so on a windy day. It's easy to damage the sticker by getting it stuck accidentally to unwanted surfaces, also particles of dust will stick to it very quickly.
- When applying medium to large sized stickers, you may spray a bit of water before application. It will help adjust the position in case you don't get it right the first time, then squeegee the water out and leave to dry for a few hours.
- Large stickers can be cut into smaller pieces to make application easier. Just make sure they are aligned properly before applying decal to desired surface.
- If you have recieved your sticker in a mailing tube or folded in a envelope, remember to work with the creases never work down the crease or it will WRECK YOUR STICKER.
- Make sure you have cleaned the surface thoroughly then measure and mark the "target" spot BEFORE starting.
- The things that you're going to need for application are : masking tape, Squeegee or any plastic ID card ( credit card , license...) , soapy water and a dry cloth.
REMEMBER TO WORK WITH THE CREASES NEVER WORK DOWN THE CREASE OR IT WILL WRECK YOUR STICKER.
1. When you receive your sticker, it will be sandwiched between a backing sheet and application tape. DO NOT remove any layers yet.
2. Position your sticker in place using masking tape, leave one end free.
3. Peel back the application tape gently , making sure the sticker is stuck on it. Discard the backing sheet.
4. Hold the sticker from the free end and pull tightly close to the surface but don't let it touch the surface yet.
5. With the squeegee in the other hand, start applying some pressure on the sticker towards the inside, in a up and down movement until you reach the end. Remember to keep and eye out for the alignment of your sticker.
6. Run the squeegee along your sticker a few more times with more pressure to achieve a strong adhesion.
7. Peel back the application tape gently, making sure not to peel the sticker off with it.
8. If any air bubbles appear, you can pierce the edge with a needle and force the air out with your finger and that's it you're all done.