Sometimes it's hard to know what to buy for a birthday gift. You may not know the person too well, they may be of a different age group to you, there may be limits of etiquette (for example regarding a work colleague) or perhaps you need to find something special for the person who has everything! Follow this guide for tips on ways to find the perfect birthday gift- for just about anyone- at the click of your mouse.
1. Think about the recipient and what you know about them. Do they have hobbies? Is there a particular pass time they are always talking about? A gift that reflects their interests will show your consideration, and will be appreciated above other more expensive presents.
2. On a limited budget? Think about unique antique items. They can be bought at a fraction of the price but may have appreciation worth in time, and depending on the recipient an antique gift's history often appeals beyond its immediate value. Antique jewlery on Ebay is an excellent search term for both men and women's gifts.
3. Do a name search. See if there are any unusual items up for sale like jewelry, books and music that carry the gift recipient's name. Pre -personalized items mean no further costs, like engraving, are required!
4. For the art lover trawl the extensive listings of prints, paintings and books listed on Ebay. Arts is definitely an area where the older the item, the more worthy a gift it becomes. Signed books, posters and cds can also be valuable additions to collections.
5. Search the globe. International listings mean items that translate to home comforts for travellers and ex patriots make extra thoughtful gifts. International labels can also mean exotic things to those who are close to home. You can even ask the seller to post the item to their door for a special surprise. Make sure the receipt comes back to you though, by post or email.
7. How about weird and wonderful? More unusual individuals will appreciate items they can add to their treasure troves, and you will find something for everyone on Ebay.
8. Appliances can be an appreciated and needed gift for many starting up anew, well beyond the date of the housewarming. If you notice anything the recipient really needs buy it for them second hand or new. Either way if it works well you can't go wrong.
10. Can't think of anything? Don't give up on finding a great gift, just think of something that can be useful to the person on the recieving end. There are some items everyone needs, like bathroom and perfume products or a sturdy tool box. Lots of these items are often listed on Ebay at a fraction of their cost, because someone else's unwanted gift could be perfect for you to give again.