Please tell me how I can improve this guide for everyone's benefit, and I will also add to this guide as my experiences and expectations change.
How accurate was the item description?
- Include a photo of the item. Preferably a focused photo; and one of the SAME item, eg, not of an used item if the one on offer is new.
- Include a year of manufacture or original purchase. If unknown, an estimate would be fine.
- Spell everything correctly and use correct grammer. I had it when thigns aer speeled wrang. Although, I can understand that non-English speaking translations are not always accurate.
- List any damages. Because if item is received and damaged, I will want my money back.
- Fancy boarders and moving images are not neccessary, but show the extra effort you put into the listing.
- Answer questions within 48 hours. Try your best, as time zones and internet access can sometimes cause problems.
- Send an email stating when the items were sent. This will also help the below section.
- Check "Request Total" often. As I often use this to communicate for won listings and can go unnoticed.
- Double check your personal email account. Although I don't do this, it has happened to me; where emails have been sent DIRECTLY to the personal account and not eBay email.
- If you are the seller, leave feedback upon payment. What else are you waiting for?
- Do not open a case unless you have tried your best, BUT CONTINUE TRYING!
- You will be compared to how long posting times was stated in the listing and corresponding emails.
- I normally allow 10 working days grace for intertational items, but sooner is excellent.
- Often this is not negotiable, but adhere to the agreed charges; either in the listing or in corresponding email.
- I will sometimes enquire about cheaper postage or no insurance to reduce the postage charge, this is a good opportunity make the charge more appealing.
- The trick is to package items securely and safely, it does not need inflatable air bags or metres of bubble wrap to get a five stars
If I leave you with '6 Stars' you must congratulate yourself on achieving the above criteria AND providing exceptional service.