If you have paired your Garmin Forerunner 15 with your heart rate monitor, you can set up your heart rate monitor to alert you when your heart rate is above or below the target zone or custom range you select. For example, you can set the device to alert you when your heart rate is below 150 beats per minute (bpm). To do this, please follow the steps below:
6. To customise the maximum value, select CUSTOM > HIGH > TURN ON, and enter a value. To customise the minimum value, select CUSTOM > LOW > TURN ON, and enter a value.
8. To view your heart rate and zone data, press down the arrow key ▼ twice.
Each time you exceed or drop below the specified range, Forerunner will beep and display a message. Your watch doesn’t have to stay on the heart rate page to show these alerts.
About Heart Rate Zones
Many athletes use heart rate zones to measure and increase their cardiovascular strength and improve their level of fitness. A heart rate zone is a set range of heartbeats per minute. The five commonly accepted heart rate zones are numbered from 1 to 5 according to increasing intensity. Generally, heart rate zones are calculated based on percentages of your maximum heart rate.
Knowing your heart rate zones can help you measure and improve your fitness by understanding and applying these principles.
- Your heart is a good measure of exercies intensity.
- Training in certain heart rate zones can help you improve cardiovascular capacity and strength.
- Knowing your heart rate zones can prevent you from overtraining and can decrease your risk of injury.