Spotting a fake iPhone based on looks
- Fake ones usually don't mention the word "Apple" in their ebay listing title
- Screen of a fake iPhone is made of plastic but iPhone uses very strong glass
- iPhone has a silver metal back cover, fakes have black or silver plastic usually
- iPhone only has 1 button (in the middle) most fake iphones have more than that 1 button in the middle
- On fake iPhones you can spot some Chinese writing on them
- Camera on the iphone is like a small black dot on the top left, fake ones have either a different looking camera and usually located in the middle towards the top
- Speakers on the iphone are at the bottom, on fake ones they are below and/or above the screen
- Fake ones have a manually removable battery. But for real iPhone you cannot remove the battery
- Fake ones come with expandable memory. But real iPhone does not come with expandable memory
- Fake ones have dual SIM facility. But with real iPhone you can only insert one SIM at a time.
- Fake ones are inexpensive.
Spotting a fake iPhone based on the Software
- When u turn the fake iphone on, it does not have slide to unlock
- The menus are not the same but the icons are very similar
- Fake ones also lack accelerometer (for auto-rotate)
- Fake ones don't have proximity sensors (for auto-turn-off when calling)
- Music player and video players are different than on the original
- Fakes usually come unlocked
- Software and hardware specifications of the fake don't match with those of the real ones listed in Apple website.
FINALLY, TRUST YOUR INSTINCT. IF YOU THINK IT'S FAKE, THEN IT PROBABLY IS. DON'T BUY IT.
IF YOU HAVE FOUND THIS ARTICLE HELPFUL PLEASE CLICK "YES" BUTTON BELOW.