Visit our ebay store: DuctedVacuumCentre
Subscribe to our store and you can receive free helpful tips and advice
- Check the filter bag:
- Is the bag too full?
- Is the bag clogged up with fine powdery matter?
- Check the filter screen underneath the bag:
- Is the filter screen, located under the filter bag and flat metal plate clean and clear of ant fluff or lint?
- Examine the power unit?
- Is the lid on securely?
- Has the rubber ring around the pipe, to which the filter bag attaches to inside the drum, leaking air or come loose?
- For twin motor power units, check if both motors are spinning.
- Remove the lid and filter bag from the machine, turn the power unit on briefly then off. Check if both motors are spinning.
- Remove lid and filter bag from the machine, turn the power unit on briefly and off, checking if both motors are spinning.
- Check the hose for blockages (perform these tests when the hose is not connected to the system) :
- Coin test: Drop a coin or other small object down the hose to see if it is clear.
- Garden hose test: push a garden hose or a similar object through the Ducted Vacuum hose if there is a stubborn blockage. Do not turn on the water!
- Tools: Check the cleaning tools are clear of any blockages. Hair pins and other slender objects can get stuck and catch other debris over time, forming a blockage.
- Check the pipe work:
- Are all the inlet valve doors sealing completely shut?
- Is there low suction at all the inlet valves?