I got to know about ebay in 2004. At first, Ebay didn’t really catch my attention, and I just consider it as an interesting sales tool, which we can sell some special or used small goods and make some money, and people would like to purchase some goods there for fun.
Since there are heaps of big shops and shopping centers such as K-mart, Coles, Westfield, etc., I didn’t think it was necessary to buy anything from such online website.
However, when I join one eBay company that sales IT, Electric and some Chinese goods, I change my minds. Because I find there are some advantages of Ebay:
1. Huge customers: E Market is become more and more popular, it can save many time to choose goods, you just stay at home and view and compare what you need. As this reason, more and more young person and person who live in country like it.
2. Low cost: compare to expensive retail cost, ebay fees is pretty cheap, normally, it is only cost 5% of your final sales price. You need not pay rent for shop.
3. Less maintenance: you can just list your item and answer customer’s request, you need not do other things, you item can be sold in weekend and public holiday, during that period, you can enjoy your leisure time.
4. Easy to purchase and sale: even for a business beginner, you can buy and sale your item in good price after some studding. Now ebay publish some easy education materials, you can easily buy from some retail shop. With the help of these materials, you can improve your ebay experience quickly.
5. Trading globalization: now we can buy and sell some goods from overseas, we can sell Australian souvenir to Europe and America, we can buy some India handcrafts.
Because of these advantages, Ebay became the best platform to run a local small business, or global trading company.