I am writing this as a general guide on how to buy from ebay, and most things you need to know.
- Feedback: Always check your seller's feedback prior to purchasing, as this will show the seller's reputation from previous buyers. If you see negative feedback, read all comment's added, as sometimes buyers can be very unreasonable when a seller has asked them to be contacted first if there is a problem, as they like to try and resolve the matter so that their customer is always happy. Have an open mind, if there is only 1 or 2 negatives, depending on the reason for the negative, then your transaction should go smoothly. If there are a lot of negatives, be very hesitant on buying from that seller. Always trust your own instincts regarding feedback.
- Once you recieve your purchase: If you are satisfied that your transaction went smoothly, leave positive feedback for your seller to build their reputation, and add them to your favourite seller's list so that you can check back every now and then to see what they have as you know they are a trusted seller. If you are unsatisfied with your purchase ALWAYS go back and read the item description carefully to ensure that you haven't missed something. If you haven't missed anything contact the seller FIRST and let them know how you feel about your purchase. Allow appropriate time for the seller to get back to you (i.e: 3 business days), if you haven't recieved a response, you can then open a dispute against them for item recieved significantly different as described. Once this is open the seller has 7 days to give you a response, if you still get nothing, then proceed to leave negative feedback to warn other buyers about this seller. Don't be personal or nasty in leaving a negative feedback, I recommend "Not happy with purchase, no contact from seller, BEWARE" or "Item not as described, no contact, Buyers BEWARE".
- Checkout: Sellers really appreciate their buyer following the correct checkout method, which is very simple to do. Under your items won, click on the pay now button of the item purchased and it will bring up your total owing and the payment methods accepted by the seller. Click on the payment method you are paying by and it will bring up a new page with the sellers bank details or payment address. Write it down and then click the Send information to seller button. Make payment to your seller. This is the checkout process. Once you have paid your seller mark it off as payment sent.
- Terms and Conditions: ALWAYS read the sellers terms and conditions of sale. Some sellers ask for payment in different timeframes, so ensure that you can make payment within the seller's specified timeline. There may be other questions you have that are in their terms and conditions, so read carefully, if not ask the seller your question. There are some very nice sellers on ebay that are only too happy to help newbies!!
- Ebay Help: Ebay have lots of methods to help you on your ebay journey, you can e-mail them, chat to them online with live help, or you can search the helpful A-Z index on help topics.
I hope this has helped in some way, and I hope that all my information is true and correct.
There are so many items that you can buy on Ebay , and once you get the hang of it you may find yourself having a lot of fun!!
Happy ebaying, and I hope I have been of help to you.