Whether it be to scare the monsters away or just to give any space a moodlift, night lights have become a must have. The nightly ritual of switching on a light to give a soft glow has a instant effect on any space, making it more inviting.
So you want to know which night light is the best for your little prince or princess, this guide will help you to pick the best one just for you...
1) Always consider what type of lighting you want to use.
There are 3 main options, light bulbs, fluorecent bulbs and LEDs. This one is a very easy, for power consumption, safety and lifetime, LEDs are by far the best, LEDs never emmit heat and are cool to touch even after a whole nights use, and are therefore perfect for nurseries and kids rooms. LEDs use very little power, LEDs can be up to 50 times more energy efficient than standard light bulbs and fluorecent lights, so the initial extra price you pay for LED lights will be offset within the first year.
2) Consider whether to use battery operated lights or plug in to power.
There are pros and cons for each.
- Battery Pros... Low voltage (can be as little as 3V), increases the versatility of the night light and can be placed anywhere, Can be used without power supply.
- Battery Cons...Unless you use rechargable batteries, night lights are considered high power consumption. Light bulb night lights can use 3AA batteries up on as little as 3 hours, LED lights fair far better though at up to 200 hours.
- Plug in Pros... Plugs into power for a quick and easy night light.
- Plug in Cons...High voltage (240V), restricted to the close proximity of a power point, The light can attract babies and young children towards it and close to live power points (Dangerous for babies and young kids)
3) Consider what colour light to use.
Gone are the days of the standard colouring light bulbs, Today you can buy night lights in any colour, even colour changing, the choice is yours and the options are endless.
I hope this guide has helped you decide what type of night light to use, If you would like answers to any other questions you may have please dont hesitate to ask by ebay message.
To view our range of night lights, please click the following link...My night light ebay store