NO MORE YELLOW STAINS
This guide is a procedure for removing yellow staining from light coloured vintage toys/vehicles.
- Use a screw driver to take apart your toy. This will help to make cleaning and preparing it much easier.
- Remove the old stickers.
- Use a goo remover to lift the left over sticker residual.
- Hand wash using a soft bristle brush and dish washing liquid. I usually use a tooth brush.
- Get a bottle of 20 or 30 volume creme hydrogen peroxide formula from a pharmacy or hairdressing salon supplier/store. 30 volume is stronger.
- Coat the toy parts with the peroxide using a paint brush or hair colouring brush.
- Cover with plastic wrap (glad wrap, cling wrap, etc).
- Put it outside in the sun for 4-8 hours. Move parts around every couple of hours to make sure all parts get heat from the sun.
- Following this, bring parts inside, remove plastic wrap and give it another thorough wash.
- Presto! Completely de-yellowed! Or very close to it.
- The same process can be done again to stubborn yellow areas.
- Dry thoroughly and apply my easy to use quality replacement stickers.