The purpose of this Guide is to provide a simple, concise, step-by-step instruction for selling on eBay.
- Install the Turbolister program onto your computer from eBay by clicking on the icon on the homepage and following the prompts. Turbolister is a program for creating professional looking listings and templates using simple step-by-step instructions.
- Photograph your item and load onto computer, by digital camera or scanner.
- Research eBay for similar items' costs and descriptions. Also look in Advanced Search - completed listings.
- Research eBay and Australia Post postage calculator for postage options and prices.
- Use Turbolister to create the listing.
List on eBay
- Upload your listing from Turbolister to eBay
- Keep an eye open for any questions from buyers either in My eBay's message section or in your email inbox i.e. hotmail and reply promptly.
When Listing Ends
- Follow prompts in My eBay to contact seller and send them an invoice, which should automatically include your payment options.
- Look out for seller's payment advice in My eBay and email inbox i.e. hotmail. Print out the email advice they send which should include their postage address and keep for handy future reference when posting item, etc.
- Check daily your bank account or PayPal account to see when payment comes through.
- If payment has not come through within say five days, contact seller again by email.
- When payment is processed mark the item as PAID by following the prompts in My eBay.
- Package and mail the item off as soon as possible then send a courtesy email to advise them that it has been mailed.
- Mark the item as POSTED in My eBay.
- Wait for feedback from the buyer, then leave feedback for them by following the prompts in My eBay.
- Pay eBay fees in My account in my eBay.