Selling your boat is a frustrating time and can be very expensive.
here are some tips and guidelines
At yachtgrot we will do your listing for you so all you have to do is worry about the list below
Boats in pristine condition will sell faster.
- Put a fresh coat of varnish on and clean and oil the teak.
- Enclosures and canvas should be in good shape. Damaged goods should be repaired or replaced
- Hoist new flags and pennants. Rags are the sign of a neglected boat.
- Shampoo the carpet and have the drapes and bunk covers cleaned.
- Replace worn-out accessories Often a few pounds spent can make all the difference.
- Clear out all unnecessary clutter and gear. If it's not included in the sale, get it off the boat.
- Clean drawers and stowage bins put scented items around the boat
- When you have potential customers viewing always have a pot of coffee on you cant’t beat the smell
- The bilge must be spotless. Use oil-absorb pads under the machinery.
- Clean, prime and paint the engines and generator.
- Pump out the shower sump to eliminate the sour water smell.
- Clean out debris in hatch bindings and scuppers.
- A clean bottom will make the boat perform better during sea trials.
- Once the boat has been detailed, maintain her when the weekly until sold.
- Make sure all gauges function properly.
- Replace worried-looking hoses and clamps.
- Clean out the raw-water strainers.
- Change oil and fuel filters.
- Have the boat fueled and ready for a thorough sea trial on short notice.
- Gather all paperwork for mechanical systems together and store in a binder.
- Have maintenance records handy and readable. Prepare a list of spare parts and extra equipment, such as props, shafts and filters.
Thank you for reading my tips i you found it useful please leave feed back
If you are interested in selling your yacht and saving money at the same time then list it with YachtGrot.
You will get a full listing including your picture hosting and all art work professionally done for you for from £30! and that incudes your ebay listing fees. each listing has its own counter so you can see for yourself, how many people are viewing your vessel.
Contact us at our shop
All the best paul