Making your own show browband is not as hard as you might think. In this guide you will find out how to make the rosette for your browband. No special equipment is needed, just a little patience and time. You can save a huge amount of money by making your own and the satisfaction of seeing your results is very rewarding. See my guide on making a "Webbing and Vinyl Browband". How to ribbon weave a browband with 2 or more colours and lots of pony craft ideas is available on my Pony Craft CD, visit my store for details.
For the flag and attaching to browband see my guide entitled rosette flag and attaching flag to browband and finishing off.
Materials you will need for the project:
1. Rosette and flag template - usually made from cardboard, vinyl, buckram (I use cheap vinyl flooring).
2. Needle and thread (or strong glue if you don't want to sew).
3. Pleated and flat ribbon.
4. Marking pen/pencil.
5. Glue (to attach diamontes and bling)
6. Strong fabric/duc tape.
7. A browband that has already been embellished with ribbon.
8. Double sided tape (to hold things in place while you stitch or glue).
9. Sharp scissors.
1. Cut out templates from cardboard or vinyl, 2 of everything, see illustration. Mark sewing guides onto the two circles - these are going to form the rosette. I use a 20c coin for horses, 10c or $1 coin for ponies. Marking sewing guides will help keep your rosettes round. (If using cardboard as backing treat it with a craft sealer glue and allow to dry before going on. This will protect it from damage of sweat, dirt etc.)
The rosette is complete and ready to be attached to the flag and browband. See next guide - making the flag -
I am happy to be contacted regarding this guide, if you need help or have suggestions go to my store - link below and send me a message.