Here is a complete guide to the magnificent books by Stephanie Laurens an Australian author who has achieved worldwide acclaim for her regency/historical romance novels. There are two series as well as a number of stand alone books. If you like Julia Quinn, Christina Dodd, Lisa Kleypas and the like then you will LOVE Stephanie Laurens.
And if you like your heroes strong and capable and your heroines independent and confident then you'll love every single one of her characters. Men born to rule and women born to partner them.
The Cynster Series
The contrast of gracious and elegant manners forming a wafer-thin facade over strong and dominant male emotions such as possessiveness and protectiveness is a constant throughout all the Cynster books. The affinity of such warrior males for strong willed women and the ability of their chosen ladies to exact complete and unswerving commitment to themselves, to marriage, and to family, forms the tenet of the series.
The first six Cynster books deal with the stories of the six cousins known to the ton as the Bar Cynster. Subsequent books deal with other members of the Cynster family, extended family and close friends. - taken from the stephanie laurens web page.
- Devil's Bride
- A Rake's Vow
- Scandal's Bride
- A Rogue's Proposal
- A Secret Love
- All About Love
- All About Passion
- The Promise In A Kiss - Special story edition
- On A Wild Night
- On A Wicked Dawn
- The Perfect Lover
- The Ideal Bride
- The Truth About Love
- What Price Love? (released 2006)
The Bastion Club Series
The Bastion Club grew from the background and action in Captain Jack's woman. In that book, we get a first glimpse of the covert machinations that must have taken place behind the scenes in the days of the Peninsular military campaigns. The Bastion Club stories evolved as the answer to the question: How would a group of English gentlemen, all recently longtime secret agents disbanded after Waterloo, react when faced with a, to them, even bigger challenge - that of securing their wives? The right wife for each of them - not the flibbertigibbets society's matrons would foist upon them. These men are all used to command, to ruling their own lives - in the matter of a wife, they are all determined to make their own choice.
And what if their task was made harder still by a fiendish fate that organized to make them the most hunted of the hunted in the year 1816 - if by conferring on each of them a title, wealth and properties, they now rank amongst the most eligible gentlemen of the ton? - taken from the stephanie laurens web page.
- Captain Jack's Woman
- The Lady Chosen
- A Gentleman's Honour
- A Lady Of His Own
- A Fine Passion
- To Distraction (released August 2006)
Stand Alone Books
- Impetuous Innocent (Often contained in a 2 in 1 Book called Regency Revels)
- Four In Hand (Often contained in a 2 in 1 Book called Regency Revels)
- Tangled Reins (Often contained in a 2 in 1 Book called A Season For Scandal) Has common characters to Fair Juno
- Fair Juno (Often contained in a 2 in 1 Book called A Season For Scandal) Has common characters to Tangled Reins
- A Comfortable Wife (Often contained in a 2 in 1 book called A Suitable Marriage)
The Lester Family Series (can be read as stand alone)
- The Reasons For Marriage (Often contained in a 2 in 1 book called A Season For Marriage)
- A Lady of Expectations (Often contained in a 2 in 1 book called A Season For Marriage)
- An Unwilling Conquest (Often contained in a 2 in 1 book called A Suitable Marriage)
- Secrets of a Perfect Night (Scandalous Lord Dere)
- Hero, Come Back (Lost & Found - A Cynster story)
- Scottish Brides (Rose In Bloom)
- Scandalous Brides - formerly Rough Around the Edges (Melting Ice)