Silver will last forever but does require the occasional polish with a soft cloth to restore its shine and beauty.
- Keeping your silver jewellery in a cool and dry place will help avoiding the oxidation process.
- Silver reacts with sulfur or hydrogen sulfide in the air and acquire a dull build up. This tarnish must be removed regularly to keep silver items bright and shiny.
- Silver jewellery is best kept away from direct exposure to sunlight or artificial light for long period of time.
- Dumping silver jewellery items in drawers or anywhere together is a no no. The jewellery will rub against each other when moved and create unwanted scratches.
- Using a polishing cloth or liquid polish to clean the tarnish is essential care for your silver jewellery.
- Do not expose silver jewellery to chlorinated water or bleach.
- Be careful when using sterling silver dips. They may clean the tarnish off, but they can also rub the colour off too. A dilute solution of mild dish washing liquid and water can be a quick and effective cleaner for silver jewellery.
- Ensure that all traces of moisture are removed from your jewellery pieces by drying them thoroughly. This is especially important when storing them away.
Now for the precious gems:
- Handle all gemstones carefully, especially when attempting to clean or when removing dust particles. Use a soft lint free cloth to remove dust particles from your gemstones.
- Whilst cleaning non-porous gemstones, wash them with a very soft toothbrush and a weak solution of detergent, rinsing them with lukewarm water. Dry with a soft cloth.
- Do not expose gemstone jewellery to high temperatures.
- Avoid exposing gemstone jewellery to salt water, chlorine or any other harsh chemicals. Chemicals and detergents can harm the stones, especially the finish of the stone.
- Store your gemstones in a divides jewel box or soft pouch individually so they don't tough each other.
- Never wear your jewellery whilst doing rough physical work.
- Hair spray, perfume and perspiration may cause jewellery to become dull. Apply all cosmetics, perfumes and colognes before putting on gemstone jewellery.
- Wipe clean your gemstones after wearing to remove any chemicals, oils or perspiration.
But most of all, JUST ENJOY!!!I hope you have enjoyed my Guide and have learned a tip or two.
Don't forget to VOTE on my Guide - Thanks Trish
925 Silver Moments - About me