The hardness in generally 1-2 on the Moh's scale and is a pretty rare stone.
Value is placed on :
- Colour of the serpentine - the darker green is more priced by lapidary circles due to te ease to work with
- Amount of stichtite - though the more you have, the harder to work with the rock
- Dendrites - mixed feelings within the lapidary circles and can be seen either as a feature or a flaw
- You only need to polish to 600 grit
- Then use the back of your jeans and begin to rub
- Generally better for jewellery on the upper part of your body rather than rings as it can be fragile.