Suites are an essential piece of furniture in any home as they provide comfortable seating in the lounge or living areas. Suites come in a variety of sizes and can fit as few people as two to as many people as 8.
Suites are available in many different types, styles, shapes and designs to cater for the differences in individual tastes, desires, requirements and preferences.
The purpose of this guide is to inform the reader all about suites and to explain how to purchase them safely and efficiently from eBay.
A suite is the term given to a collection of furniture that is typically found in the lounge or living room in the home. Suites typically include a sofa (or couch), an armchair and a footrest or ottoman- all of which are matching to make a complete set.
Suites are generally numbered according to how many pieces of furniture they contain, for example, a “two piece suite” typically features a couch and another item of furniture such as an armchair.
How to Choose the Perfect Suite
Choosing the perfect suite for the home can be quite challenging, so here is a brief guide to help:
Choose the Sofa First
It’s advisable that suite buyers begin looking at sofas first as it is often the best starting point. Sofas are categorised by how many people they can seat i.e. two-seater, three-seater sofa etc. There are several types of sofa suites available to purchase on the current market:
· Traditional Sofa: A basic, functional sofa that is of classic style. Traditional sofas are typically plain with little or no extra features.
· Modular Sofa: This sofa type consists of several separate units (or “modules”) that can easily be joined together to form a larger sofa or kept separate to provide numerous individual seats. Modular sofas can be arranged into different set ups and layouts for a completely customisable seating option.
· Recliner Sofa: A traditional couch that features an added recliner function on at least one (although typically on more) of the seats. This luxurious function allows the owner to kick back and relax in a more horizontal position than sitting on a sofa usually permits.
· Sofa Bed: Specifically designed to look and feel like a conventional sofa, sofa beds are ideal for providing a temporary bed to guests. Sofa beds contain a mattress and a fold-out bed frame which is quickly and easily assembled as well as disassembled. Due to the fact that these sofas contain a bed frame and mattress within it, sofa beds are typically a lot heavier than most traditional sofa types.
How to Choose a Quality Sofa
Although the appearance and feel of a sofa is important in the decision making process, it’s essential that buyers also consider the construction and materials of the sofa to ensure that it is of good quality so that it will last for a long time. Here are the important components to check when shopping for a sofa:
The frame generally determines the sofas durability and resistance to wear and tear. Timbers such as Pine are softwoods and are not meant to withstand rough treatment. Hardwoods such as Victorian ash however are durable, versatile and more resistant to pressure.
Although they aren’t so common, metal frames are typically the most durable in sofa production.
Buyers should look out for high-density seat foam cushions as these typically are more resilient and they maintain their shape for many years.
The seating suspension determines how the sofa copes with pressure and how it maintains its firmness and ultimately; its comfort level. “Eight-way” (or hand-tied) suspension offers soft, yielding support even though it is durable and able to last for many years without sagging.
For buyers seeking a more firm option, consider “sinuous spring” systems as they provide firmer support whilst also remaining durable.
Leather or fabric is the two main choices when it comes to sofa upholstery. Fabrics are typically more versatile and can be customised to suit individual decors and tastes. Most fabric sofa covers are machine washable making them very little effort to upkeep and maintain.
Leather is considered more durable and able to cope with rough treatment better than fabric. Leather is also easy to clean as wet wipes can be used on it and the material type resists stains. As leather is the more luxurious option, it is typically more costly than fabric sofas.
How to buy Suites on eBay
The choice of suites online easily outnumber those that can be found on the high street and numerous amounts can be reviewed and compared alongside each other aligned with the buyer’s individual tastes, requirements and preferences. In this case, eBay is perfect for presenting a quick, easy and hassle-free route into searching for suites on the internet.
For the most successful purchase keep the following guidelines in mind for the most efficient and safe shopping on eBay:
· Search – To find a product on eBay using the search toolbar simply:
o Enter “suite”
o Then click the category entitled “Home & Garden” located on the left-hand side of the screen
o Next click the option “Furniture”
o Then click the category “Sofas, Couches”
o Finally, click the option “Suites”
· Material – To search for suites by their material type, buyers need only to click the relevant option under the category “Material”. For example, buyers searching for a leather suite should simply select “Leather”. Search results may then be limited down to the colour of the material types by selecting the relevant option under the category “Colour”. Buyers searching for brown leather suites for example, need only to tick the option “Brown” from the sub-category “Colour”.
· Shop Safely – In order to have the most successful purchase shopping on eBay; always read the product description thoroughly (in order to confirm exactly what is being purchased), review the postage and payment options prior to purchase. Buyers can always contact the seller if unsure about the transaction. This function can also be used to ask the seller any questions or queries about the product or simply if more information about the item is needed to make a purchasing decision.
· Use PayPal – Although eBay accepts a range of payment methods, PayPal is the safest way to make online payments. PayPal permits shoppers to send payments securely and quickly online using a credit card, bank account or PayPal balance. To find out more information about how PayPal and eBay work together to provide customers safe shopping online, please visit the ‘About PayPal’ page on the website.
· eBay Deals – Don’t forget to check out the latest deals on suites by looking in the “Furniture” section of the “Home & Lifestyle” department. Many fantastic discounts can be found here along with free postage costs.
There are many factors to consider and issues to take into account when purchasing a suite. However with the important information and crucial considerations outlined as part of this guide, coupled with eBay’s highly detailed and easy to use website, buying suites is quick and easy.
Buying on eBay should be considered not only due to the prospect of finding a good deal; but due to the extensive choice of suites that the website offers. Buyers should always keep personal information and banking details safe and secure by using payment authority PayPal to complete transactions with eBay sellers.