Your Guide to Using Social Media for Business Effectiviely
Are you in a position to make good use of the social media revolution that is now sweeping the world? The internet has changed the way in which people communicate with each other, making it very easy to break down barriers of time and geography. It has also had a powerful impact on the way people seek entertainment. This has given rise to immense business opportunities. The latest big thing on the internet is social media. Sites like Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube and Facebook have taken the world by surprise and their popularity has exceeded all expectations.
Get Customers to Spread The Message:
Facebook is a very powerful tool to create a buzz about your product because it helps increase knowledge and interest in your company. Your company first needs to get a Facebook page on which you can put product information as well as special offers.
- A customer who likes your page can add it to their own page.
- This will make it visilble to all that person's friends and to theirs in turn.
- Your ad compaign or offer can go viral in this manner.
Customers are very empowered today and they expect businesses to go to great lengths to provide them with information before they make a decision to purchase a product. A blog is a great way to make this happen.
- Your customers will visit your blog to get the latest information on your company of product.
- You can keep updating the content in order tooffer them the latest information about your company or service.
- You can educate them about possible new uses of your product or service.
- This is a great place for customers to interact with each other and therfore heighten their experience of your company.
- They will be very forthcoming with feedback which you can then use to improve your product service.
- You can also use the feedback to gauge any change trends in customer needs so that you can make the appropriate alterations to what you sell and how you communicate to your target market.
Installing your facebook LIKE button to your blog or site. The Like button lets the user share your content with friends on facebook. When the user clicks the Like button on your site a story appears in the user's friends' news feed with a link back to your webiste: developers.facebook.com/docs/reference/plugins/like
Display your eBay items on your fan/business Facebook page profile. It is so easy to set up and get more exposure to your customers. eBay items is a Facebook application to display eBay listings of a seller in your seller's Facebook page. apps.facebook.com/ebayitems/
1. Join Groups - 2 groups per day until you reach your total of 50. Also join sub-groups if they have them apart of their group.
2. Place ads on the job boards of the groups that you are a member of. One ad per job board. Place two ads per day until you have an ad live on each of the 50 groups. Repost every 14 days.
3. Join Hoote Suite to help schedule your messages. Post messages of value and lifestyle at least 5 times a day to get the most exposure.
4. Start your own discussion on the discussion boards 3-5 per month.
5. Comment on other peoples discussions 1-2 per day / 5 days per week.
6. If you have a blog - post your blog in the discussion boards in a discussion format. This means you could be posting 50 different discussions in your different groups. This alone can reach 100s of 1000s of people. (There is an automatic way of doing this). We will cover this in the training.
The video tutorials on tips and hints to Social Media Facebook and LinkedIn - FREE Social Media Training Program for Business