Timing Your Sale End
To get the maximum amount of money for your item, it is very important to carefully select when the sale
will end. I have seen on several occassions, an item get $20.00 more when it ended on a Saturday night
as opposed to ending on a Wednesday afternoon. Have a look at some completed items from a seller
who sells the same item repeatedly and see what they got at what times - the smarter ones always end
their sales at the same time each night, etc.
Tips1. Don't end a sale in the middle of the week
- more people are online at the weekends and on Public Holidays and will more likely to be there
at the end to outbid each other.
- be aware of the country you are trying to sell into - set the times accordingly for U.S. buyers if
that is your main market.
2. Don't pick a time that will interfere with dinner (6-7pm), prime-time TV show (Survivor, Big Brother,
Australian Idol, etc), or is late at night/early in the morning.
- a good time is 5 pm or after 8pm on weekends when dinner is over, there's nothing on TV and
people will be surfing the Web.
- pick a time that ends on the hour or half hour rather than a random minute - it makes it easier to
remember the sale end time for the buyer.
3. Pick a Weekend
- this allows time to get the item packaged and delivered befor ethe following weekend. There's
nothing worse from a buyer's point of view to have to wait through another weekend to use the
item they bought last weekend - get it and try it out as soon as possible.