Essential oils are not just used for their aroma. Their value is unmeasurable. They are used in beauty treatments to help you look younger and healthier - anti-wrinkle formulas, anti-cellulite formulas, to clear acne, to rejuvenate the skin, to beautify the hair, to clear dandruff and much, much more.
Essential oils are also used for healing - in remedies to help cure coughs, colds, sore throats, aches and pains, arthritis, headaches, sore muscles, strains and sprains, inflammation and much, much more.
For massage, essential oils are invaluable. They help relax, re-energize, detox, re-ignite your love life and much, much more.
Essential oils are a great tool for relaxation helping relieve tension, clear the mind, de-stress, soothe, and even help put a restless baby to sleep.
Before buying your oils some research will help you choose the oils which will suit your situations the best. There are many good aromatherapy books which will tell you everything you want to know and help you to choose oils and make your own blends.
BEFORE USING ANY ESSENTIAL OILS you should be aware of precautions and safety issues. Once again, most aromatherapy books will discuss thes issues.
Here are some of these precautions:
- Use essential oils externally, not internally
- Ensure essential oils are diluted (generally in a carrier oil) before use. Never apply undiluted, directly to the skin
- Keep essential oils away from the eyes
- Keep essential oils out of reach of children
- Stay out of the sun for at least 4 hours after using citrus oils on the skin
- If you are PREGNANT or breastfeeding, you should avoid using basil, cinnamon, clary sage, fennel, rosemary, oregano, clove, bay, nutmeg, thyme , juniper, cinnamon, oregano, pimento, sage and more. (refer to good aromatherapy books for a full list)
For women who are pregnant or think they might be, try unfragranced, natural soaps, creams and lotions.
For high quality, pure esential oils, please visit JenShers Natural Skincare