- You are better off looking in the Index of Help instead of typing the subject (ie edit listing ) into the field under Help. Its faster.
WHEN YOU LIST ITEMS TO BE SOLD ON EBAY
- I would advise you to make sure your 'terms and conditions' are typed directly under the details of the item/s you are selling. This is in case buyers do not bother to read your terms and conditions under that heading. Put these terms in bold and use a different colour to the item description. Functions such as Font(lettering style), Bold, Font Size etc are above and to the left of the Item Description field. Giving a winning bidder 3 working days to contact you and 5 working days to pay you is not unreasonable. If they cannot meet those terms then they should contact you asap and let you know why. Then you as the seller, should cut them some slack and allow them more time to pay.
- Do not accept or avoid accepting money orders as a seller. They are too slow and should be used as a last resort by a buyer. Your time as a seller is worth more than all the money on earth, so you do not want to waste time as well as petrol going to a post office to post a money order. Bank transfers are better and you do not have to leave your home to do them once you have an online bank account. Money orders cost the buyer a couple of bucks too.
SHOW YOUR WINNING BIDDER THAT YOU CARE
- Avoid delays in posting items to winning bidders of your items. They are just as keen to get their items as you are to get paid.
TREATING YOUR POTENTIAL BUYER LIKE A FOOL IS NOT A GOOD IDEA
- When a potential buyer wants to know certain details about your listed item/s, you should supply those details even if the questions from the buyer seem silly. What appears to be a silly question may not be as silly as it looks and answering all questions in a polite and interested manner can mean the difference between making good money, mediocre money or none at all from your listing.
THE FEEDBACK GUN/ PAT ON THE BACK
- Although ebay feedback helps buyers and sellers determine who to deal with and who to avoid, it can often be abused and often is. Be very careful and considerate when placing feedback. If you have a 'gripe' with someone, it is best to try to work things out before leaving negative feedback. Most people on ebay are honest and deserve a chance to solve any problems that may occur from time to time.