Vintage bedroom sets are very popular, even in modern times, because their aged look is traditional and aesthetically appealing whilst the function of these products remains as high as their contemporary counterparts.
There is a wealthy range of vintage bedroom sets available to purchase on the current market in variety of styles, sizes, designs and patterns to accommodate for the difference in individual tastes, desires, requirements and preferences.
Bedroom sets simply consist of a selection of furniture in a bedroom. Bedroom sets may also be called “bedroom suite” or simply referred to as bedroom furniture.
The furniture that is typical of a bedroom set includes:
Most of these bedroom furniture items are predominantly made from wood, although metal is often used in their production too (i.e. in the frame of the bed) because of its strength and durability.
There is a wide range of bed types to choose from on the current market. Here are some examples of traditional beds:
· Bunk beds
· Cabin beds
· Canopy beds
· Divan beds
· Four Poster beds
· Murphy (Wall) beds
· Platform beds
· Water beds
Besides the conventional types, there are also several non-traditional types of beds including:
· Air beds
· Loft beds
· Sleigh beds
· Space saving beds
Beds come in many different styles and shapes, meaning that they also come in many different sizes too. For the most successful purchase, buyers should know the size of their bed before they begin shopping for vintage bedroom sets. Use the table below to do so:
AUSTRALIAN SIZE (Width x Length)
91 cm x 190 cm / 36 in x 74 in
140 cm x 190 cm / 54 in x 74 in
150 cm x 200 cm / 60 in x 80 in
180 cm / 200 cm / 72 in x 80 in
PLEASE NOTE: This table is for Australian bed sizes only, for buyers with European or American beds, it’s strongly advisable to measure the bed prior to shopping for the most successful purchase.
Shopping for Vintage Bedroom Sets
Shopping for vintage bedroom sets can be quite challenging, especially when browsing through the wealthy range of products that eBay presents. To help buyers find their desired item quickly and easily, here is some advice and guidance for the most efficient browsing on eBay:
· Material – Buyers can narrow their search results down by selecting the material of the item they’re looking for. For example, buyers searching for Oak bedroom furniture can simply click the option “Oak” under the category “Material”.
· Type – eBay customers can also limit their search results further by choosing the type of product they are searching for (after entering “vintage bedroom set” into the search toolbar). For example, buyers seeking for a set of bedside tables simply need to select the option “Bedside Tables” from the category entitled “Type” which is located on the menu found on the left-hand side of the screen.
· Colour – eBay buyers can also search for the colour of their desired product in an effort to reduce the given search results to products relevant to only them. Buyers simply need to choose the colour of their sought-after item by ticking an option under the category “Colour”. For example, buyers wishing to purchase a brown bed, need to only select the option “Brown” from the section “Colour”, located on the left-hand side menu.
· Size – When searching for their desired product, buyers can also narrow their search results down to the most relevant products by simply choosing the sought-after size of the item from the category “Size” located on the menu on the left. For example, if buyers are searching for vintage bedroom items for their queen size bed, they should simply tick the option “Queen” from the size menu.
· Brand – Many buyers have a favourite (or at least a preference) when it comes to bedroom furniture and bedding. If this is the case, eBay stocks an extensive range of vintage bed sets from renowned brands such as Linen House and Next to name only a couple.
How to buy Vintage Bedroom Sets on eBay
The choice of vintage bedroom sets available online outnumber those that can be found on the high street greatly and numerous amounts can be reviewed and compared next to each other aligned with the buyer’s individual tastes, desires, requirements and preferences. In this sense, eBay is ideal for presenting a quick, easy and effortless option into searching for vintage bedroom sets on the web.
For the most successful purchase on eBay, use the following advice for efficient and safe shopping whilst on the website:
· Search – In order to start a search on the website, buyers should simply:
o Type in “vintage bed set” into the search toolbar
o Then, click the category “Home & Garden” from the menu located on the left-hand side of the screen
· Shop Safely – To ensure the most successful purchase on eBay; always read the product description thoroughly (in order to confirm exactly what is being purchased), review the postage details and payment options prior to purchase. Buyers can contact the seller if unsure about any part of the transaction. This function can also be used to ask the seller any questions about the product or if more information about the product is needed in order to come to a decision regarding purchasing.
· New or Used – eBay stocks both new and used (second hand) vintage bedroom sets. When searching on the website, tick either “new” or “used” under the category entitled “Condition” from the menu located on the left-hand side of the screen.
· Use PayPal – Even though eBay accepts a wide range of payment methods, PayPal is generally accepted as the easiest and securest method of payment. PayPal allows buyers to make payments quickly and safely online using a credit card, debit card or bank account. For more information about how PayPal and eBay work together to keep customers safe and secure whilst shopping on the website, please visit the ‘About PayPal’ page on the website.
· eBay Deals – Don’t forget to check out the latest deals on vintage bedroom sets by looking in the “Bedroom” section of the “Home & Lifestyle” category. Many brilliant additional discounts can be found here along with free postage costs.
There are many issues to consider and factors to take into account when purchasing vintage bedroom sets. However with the important information and careful considerations outlined within this guide, coupled with eBay’s highly detailed and user friendly website, buying vintage bedroom sets is quick, easy and trouble-free.
Buying on eBay should be considered not only due to the potential of finding a good deal; but due to the extensive range of vintage bedroom sets that the website presents. Remember to always keep all personal information and banking details safe and secure by using payment authority PayPal to complete transactions with eBay sellers.