Some common symptoms that could indicate your system has been infected are:
- Strange messages or displays on your monitor
- Pop-up advertising messages that you have not seen before
- The computer seems slow to respond
- Programs or files suddenly go missing
- Strange Windows Security or Download prompts appear
- Some of your files become corrupted - or no longer work correctly
AVG Free Edition is the well-known anti-virus protection tool. AVG Free is available free-of-charge to home users for the life of the product!
My personal feedback on using AVG Anti-Virus:
Over the three years that I have tested AVG on client's Computer Systems, I have noticed it has the ability to “heal” a number of infected files that other anti-virus programs could not deal with. AVG’s reaction speed to incoming threats is fast. The programming is excellent and the database for update definitions runs ahead of other Anti-Virus updates. AVG Anti-Virus software runs on all Windows OS platforms - from Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows ME, Windows XP, Windows 2003 and Vista! Notes: Several Anti-Virus Software versions no longer support Windows 95, 98 or ME.
Peter Bowey Computer Solutions -> http://www.pbcomp.com.au/