- Run a dishwasher and washing machine only when fully loaded and select economy cycles.
- Half fill the sink with hot water and dishwashing detergent to hand wash dishes. Don't wash under running water.
- Have shorter showers - challenge yourself to a 2 minute shower!
- Always use the half flush on the toilet and only flush when necessary "If it's brown flush it down, but if it's yellow let it mellow!"
- Fill the bath with just enough water to bathe, then recycle the water to the garden.
- Collect shower water in a bucket for recycling to the garden.
- Rinse fruit and vegetables in a bowl of water instead of under a running tap.
- Choose water wise plants, eg natives or even gerberas.
- If you have a pool, use a cover to reduce evaporation.
Water Wise Tips
Views 1 Like Comments Comment
18 October 2007
Have something to share, create your own Guide... Write a Guide
Explore more Guides