What are the different colored stars and what do they mean?
If you have been selling on eBay for even a very short time, you already know the importance of a seller’s feedback rating. This rating allows potential users to judge a seller and his products before they place a bid. Higher feedback scores obviously attract many buyers, whereas a negative or low feedback score could spell doom for your eBay career.
If you look carefully, you will see that many users on eBay have a colored star next to their feedback score. This star may not appear in the feedback profile of all ebay users because the first star is awarded to you by eBay only once you have a minimum of 10 feedback ratings. Thus, new users will not have a colored star next to their ID.
There are 12 different stars awarded by eBay to its users. Which colored star your profile will display depends on the number of feedback ratings that you have. Here is a list of the different colored eBay stars and their meanings:
- Yellow star = 10 to 49 ratings
- Blue star = 50 to 99 ratings
- Turquoise star = 100 to 499 ratings
- Purple star = 500 to 999 ratings
- Red star = 1,000 to 4,999 ratings
- Green star = 5,000 to 9,999 ratings
- Yellow shooting star = 10,000 to 24,999 ratings
- Turquoise shooting star = 25,000 to 49,999 ratings
- Purple shooting star = 50,000 to 99,999 ratings
- Red shooting star = 100,000 to 499,000 ratings
- Green shooting star = 500,000 to 999,999 ratings
- Silver shooting star = 1,000,000 ratings or more