- It can be customised to your tastes and needs, often at no extra cost; try telling a department store that you really want a blue one if they don't stock it!
- It may be one-of-a-kind or part of a limited run, which adds value and interest. Even where a number of the items exist, each one will have its own idiosyncrasies to make it unique.
- There is craftsmanship and pride in the little details; home made clothes usually don't need buttons to be resewn on after one wear
- You will be supporting an individual and a small business, not a large corporation
- Time and effort went into making the item, and they are precious commodities A craftsperson does each piece individually so the quality will be consistent; shop bought items may have been made in bulk and thus some defects are more easily missed
- You are not paying for huge overheads in terms of a shop front and advertising
Why buy homemade/handmade?
Views 4 Likes Comments Comment
24 March 2007
Have something to share, create your own Guide... Write a Guide
Explore more Guides